Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

The good ole days!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:43 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

What's the deal with manual cars having 40 more RWHP than pdk?! It sounds like a huge baloney to me! I wish it were true though...
Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
What's the deal with manual cars having 40 more RWHP than pdk?! It sounds like a huge baloney to me! I wish it were true though...
Agree. Where is the drivetrain loss? On a 500hp engine that's 8%. PDK actuators cannot eat that much HP that I can see.

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Is the owner on here?

Kinda an oddly spec'd car.
If he was, you just scared him off. Besides a cage with sofas and full leather dash but alcantara elsewhere, what do you see that is odd about it (serious ?).
Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

If you are scared by reading an online posting, "kinda an oddly spec'd car", maybe one needs thicker skin.

Guy was admittedly not a track/motorsports guy, agreed with the driver about difficulty finding an used car to exact wants, but has sofas with a cage. It was just alittle bit of a head scratcher to me.

To each their own I suppose.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I can almost bet the owner is on Rennlist. Let's see...he lives in Cali(Porsche frenzy land),he watches The Smoking Tire,so chances are he's watching them all,he knows his car,he talks about the value and market(BIG HINT RIGHT THERE!) etc...YEAH! He's on Rennlist!
Maybe I've missed the part where he talks about the cage,but there's a chance he bought the car with it. Sofas because the car was specced with them. And let's be honest,even if he doesn't track,how many GT cars we see these days with cage for C&C...?!
Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

not a weird spec. just someone wanted 'race car' so they threw a roll bar in the back.
see lots of these at the shop.

owner if you're on her you are now obligated to get sucked into the abyss of tracking a gt3. there are a few out there. bought to enjoy it. well do it properly.

and i've bad news for you, you'll still fail sound at laguna w/o lifting
Old 10-18-2016, 09:43 PM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
owner if you're on her you are now obligated to get sucked into the abyss of tracking a gt3. there are a few out there. bought to enjoy it. well do it properly.
Such a slippery slope...my wallet has become significantly lighter since purchasing my .2 GT3 a few years back between all the track mods and trackdays.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boostedt0y
Such a slippery slope...my wallet has become significantly lighter since purchasing my .2 GT3 a few years back between all the track mods and trackdays.
I coulda bought another RS
i'd have a lot less smiles though.
You invest in developing the platform, sure latest and greatest is sexy and cool, but when you still have not yet optimized the current platform and the nut behind the wheel needs more skills, what's the point? Ok ego stroking by pulling up in a 991RS or ACR and setting fast time of the day OK. got it. lol But then dwaine shows up in a turbo cup car monster and turns a sub 150 at chuckwalla and then we all take our ***** and go home. that's a never ending race.

Last edited by Spyerx; 10-18-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:35 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

interesting to see owner trying to keep calm in the passenger seat as his baby was being molested by someone else
Old 10-19-2016, 10:36 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

Side Note: I cannot stand Matt Farrah. The worst....
Old 10-19-2016, 12:36 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Not the most exciting video out there... I stopped it after a few minutes. Farrah needs to show up better prepared with the facts and have some talking points to go over with the owner of the car prior to the drive. The back and forth conversation just wasn't worth listening to. And the car needs to be better prepared too. The smudge on the windshield is just ridiculous. Missed opportunities all around.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Not the most exciting video out there... I stopped it after a few minutes. Farrah needs to show up better prepared with the facts and have some talking points to go over with the owner of the car prior to the drive. The back and forth conversation just wasn't worth listening to. And the car needs to be better prepared too. The smudge on the windshield is just ridiculous. Missed opportunities all around.
Yeah I always thought he was ill prepared to talk about the cars and most of the owners he drives with don't know jack about their cars either.

You need to create a narrative for it to be interesting. It should be about the car but each vid has maybe 10 seconds of the actual car. The cabin and road are shown the rest of the time. So the narrative should be the owner. But, again, 90% of these owners are just not good on camera.

Petrolicious does a good job creating a narrative around the car using the owner just for color and specific history.

I get that Matt started these as a side-project and low budget, simple way to get people's cool, different rides out on the web but it's grown to the point where he needs to put his name on this thing and start putting some production thought into it. Or just abandon it for something he's better at.
My 2c.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Matt's monetizing the format. Quantity over quality with youtube. I find them somewhat entertaining. But I don't expect the type of production from these compared to say a petrolicious or chris harris.
He's a mostly 1-man show and he's earning a living doing it. So more power to him.
He shared some of this once when I was at an event with him (run into him somewhat often here in socal), but basically that whole drive thing burned him and he had to go make a run on his own.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 - One Take - The Smoking Tire