Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Met my hero today (GT3RS 4.0)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:45 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Met my hero today (GT3RS 4.0)

Was at my local dealer and saw the car of my dreams. Obviously car not for sale and belongs to the owner. What a car! Firs time I've ever seen one up close and personal. I am extraordinary jealous of any person that owns this rare delight

Old 07-20-2016, 09:36 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. But as the owner of a white GT3, to me, these cars just look the best in white. Perhaps because they let the implied performance make the statement, and don't need highly visible colors. Then too, maybe because my first car, a '63 TR4 was white, and who doesn't fondly recall their first car? Unless it was a lemon, of course.

Now Ferrari's in my opinion look best in red, or maybe yellow. My son had a yellow Boxster, with a navy soft top; it was a very handsome car. My prior Porsche was Meteor gray 99s, and it too was handsome, sitting on the BBS wheels I put on it. Looked distinguished, a very handsome car. But I think a really high performance Porsche to me simply looks best in simple white. Were I to buy a another, I would look for another white one.

Leaving in 6 days for the drive from Charleston to western NE, for the Sandhills Challenge. Chris and I laid out all our track stuff, video, safety stuff, spares, cameras, Road Wrap, so we don't stage and bring an out of date helmet.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:28 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. But as the owner of a white GT3, to me, these cars just look the best in white. Perhaps because they let the implied performance make the statement, and don't need highly visible colors. Then too, maybe because my first car, a '63 TR4 was white, and who doesn't fondly recall their first car? Unless it was a lemon, of course.

Now Ferrari's in my opinion look best in red, or maybe yellow. My son had a yellow Boxster, with a navy soft top; it was a very handsome car. My prior Porsche was Meteor gray 99s, and it too was handsome, sitting on the BBS wheels I put on it. Looked distinguished, a very handsome car. But I think a really high performance Porsche to me simply looks best in simple white. Were I to buy a another, I would look for another white one.

Leaving in 6 days for the drive from Charleston to western NE, for the Sandhills Challenge. Chris and I laid out all our track stuff, video, safety stuff, spares, cameras, Road Wrap, so we don't stage and bring an out of date helmet.
You guys must be really excited for that trip. I went to the website for the event yesterday (via your link). Looks like a great gathering of car people and community. Nice to see you 'round here again NAM VET. Looking forward to hearing about the adventure. (oh, and everyone knows the most sinister looking GT3's are black )
Old 07-20-2016, 08:16 PM
m5trol
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET

I'm'na let you finish but just gonna leave this here:

Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HAH! Thanks for the support. And indeed Black cars can look like Bad Boys indeed! But then there is sinister and then there is SINISTER. Like this picture I took in '89, off to Desert Storm. Or this one, Tan San Nhut, '72. Note the red star under the cockpit. One MiG down. I just love military hardware.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

they are the best. In fact, still to this day I hold the highest regard for the 4.0 and think it's the best Porsche I have ever driven and the 2nd best car I have ever driven.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

^^^ditto, only I haven't driven anything better yet but lotta cars out there I haven't driven so I'm willing to concede there are better and I'm guessing even several better experiences; for the same price?.....I doubt it.

Quick Reply: Met my hero today (GT3RS 4.0)