Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Greeting!!! I'm officially a GT3 Owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 12:35 AM
blackoutz
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Greeting!!! I'm officially a GT3 Owner.

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Blaine from San Antonio Texas and have officially joined the P-car ranks. I have been lurking on this site for the past 9 months in search for the perfect GT3. I want to think I found it and cannot wait for it to arrive. The car is being delivered in a enclosed transport as we speak. It should arrive tomorrow night and will definitely update with pictures. I located the car from a individual owner out of the southeast and could not be happier with the transaction.
The car is a 2007 model with very tasteful modifications, a spotless DME report, zero track time and zero accident history. It had a custom roll cage installed by the previous owner for looks and a lot of custom carbon fiber bits. Mechanically it seems to be stock form.

I definitely plan to become a member of the local PCA club and meet a entire new group of friends. I have owned several different cars prior to this one such as a 2013 GTR, Acura NSX, 1997 Toyota Supra, etc. I use to do some track days at our local Harris Hill race track and look forward to learning a true rear engine rear wheel drive layout. From what I hear it is the most challenging layout to learn but once you figure it out it's the most rewarding. If anybody reading this is in the San Antonio area let me know as I would love to meet some Porsche locals. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Blaine
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy the new toy. I am up in Dallas if you get this way. I really like the 997.1 gen GT3.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:34 AM
blackoutz
Instructor

Thank you. Ill let you know if Im ever in the area. Im sure there is a active Porsche group in Dallas.

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Congrats. Enjoy the new toy. I am up in Dallas if you get this way. I really like the 997.1 gen GT3.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on landing an epic car! You made the right choice over the S. It's a world apart from both the S and the 991 platform in a good way. So rewarding and addictive, especially with sharky. We have the twin of your car but in red. Located in Austin but lots of good driving in between here and SA - would enjoy some spirited driving in the hill country.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM
ApexSam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, it's a very rewarding car to own. Looking fwd to your pics.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet purchase!
Enjoy in good health!
Old 07-07-2016, 01:52 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

Congratulations!
Waiting on it to arrive is the worst.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:25 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Thank you . I plan to head up to Austin for Cars and Coffee on Sunday. Are you going?

I think overall I made the best desison to go with the GT3 vs the 991 S just for the pure driving experience it will provide and the long term value of the car will stay pretty steady. Thanks again for all the advice.

Blaine

Originally Posted by ApexSam
Congrats, it's a very rewarding car to own. Looking fwd to your pics.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 PM
757driver
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Enjoy the car in good health!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:19 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Blaine from San Antonio Texas and have officially joined the P-car ranks. I have been lurking on this site for the past 9 months in search for the perfect GT3. I want to think I found it and cannot wait for it to arrive. The car is being delivered in a enclosed transport as we speak. It should arrive tomorrow night and will definitely update with pictures. I located the car from a individual owner out of the southeast and could not be happier with the transaction.
The car is a 2007 model with very tasteful modifications, a spotless DME report, zero track time and zero accident history. It had a custom roll cage installed by the previous owner for looks and a lot of custom carbon fiber bits. Mechanically it seems to be stock form.

I definitely plan to become a member of the local PCA club and meet a entire new group of friends. I have owned several different cars prior to this one such as a 2013 GTR, Acura NSX, 1997 Toyota Supra, etc. I use to do some track days at our local Harris Hill race track and look forward to learning a true rear engine rear wheel drive layout. From what I hear it is the most challenging layout to learn but once you figure it out it's the most rewarding. If anybody reading this is in the San Antonio area let me know as I would love to meet some Porsche locals. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Blaine
Blaine:

We have our monthly dinner meeting tonight at the Pompeii Italian grill on Nachadoches RD about 1/2 mile inside loop 1604. Look forward to meeting another GT 3 happy owner People start driving shortly after 6 PM, order from the menu and tonight we have a short program from the National PCA Historian who just happens to be a member of our Region
Old 07-07-2016, 07:03 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Sounds great! Unfortunatly I have to work late tonight so I will not be able to make it. Where can I find a scedule of future meeting or meetups. I would assume this is the San Antonio PCA club? I would love to meet some local P-car people in town so Ill PM you my information. Thank you for the invite.

Blaine

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Blaine:

We have our monthly dinner meeting tonight at the Pompeii Italian grill on Nachadoches RD about 1/2 mile inside loop 1604. Look forward to meeting another GT 3 happy owner People start driving shortly after 6 PM, order from the menu and tonight we have a short program from the National PCA Historian who just happens to be a member of our Region
Old 07-08-2016, 04:59 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

welcome! it's an amazing car
Old 07-08-2016, 05:20 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on your GT3 purchase. I am still amazed after almost 2 years of ownership how almost every car person at cars and coffee, shows, etc recognizes the GT3 as one of the most special modern 911s.

I used to travel to SA and Austin alot for work and I remember the awesome roads in the Hill Country.

Enjoy.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:22 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 95 Posts

Welcome to the GT3 Club. Keep us posted with photos.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:53 AM
blackoutz
Instructor

Update..

I got the care delivered to me a few day ago and must say I am nothing short of amazed by this car.

My first impression of the car was something that I have never felt in any platform car I have ever had. It felt so raw and pure from the steering to the instant throttle response it provided. I will say I will have to get use to the rear engine rear wheel drive setup but I am looking forward to mastering it!!

I let the pictures talk for themselves.
Attached Images           

Quick Reply: Greeting!!! I'm officially a GT3 Owner.