Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Best independent service shop in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016 | 12:19 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Pasadena isn't really closer than north oc from la....

Tom at mistress of silverlakemis a good guy see him at track days. He's driving an antique now!
Old 05-27-2016 | 03:13 PM
Bleek
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of great options in LA for all our Porsche needs for sure, and now I know who does the GT cars. Scheduled to take to Mistress on Tuesday, and just for all our peace of minds, I spoke with Tom about his parking situation and my concern over door dings and such. A concern for me as this has happened to my mint SC at another Indy shop where their lot is tiny. Sucked and cost me more $ with a ding repairer. Thankfully they came out.

Tom was super cool bringing up my concern and said he completely understands, and assured my they take utmost care with ALL their cars and are first and foremost, super detail oriented at the shop and consider themselves a restoration and service shop so no door dings at their shop!

Thanks to you all for the great suggestions. I also take my cars to Pro Motorsports for my air-cooled, and Tyson is awesome as well!

Last edited by Bleek; 06-02-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2016 | 03:14 AM
gogocharles
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bleek, can you provide feedback on how the work goes? I have a 1RS that I need to get pinned. Would be good to get your perspective.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2016 | 08:26 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

FWIW, BBI said they'd pick-up and drop-off cars based in LA so you don't have to drive...no idea on added cost
Old 06-06-2016 | 10:36 PM
Bleek
Instructor

Yes, I'll report back once completed.

Sorta disappointed that I never got the estimate from bbi that they said they would give me when I inquired. Another reason I went with Mistress.
Old 06-12-2016 | 03:14 AM
Bleek
Instructor

Hey all, got my car back and all I can say is Mistress is simply the best shop I've been to. Communication, attention to detail, friendliness, and service are all at another level. From the start, Tom addressed all my concerns and questions about pinning and regular maintenance. When work started, an email followed with pics letting me know where they were at. That's a first, for me at least.

Name:  IMG_0457_zps5tjpzvxx.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  IMG_0459_zpsqouxqr1v.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  892.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0458_zpsxi8ojvha.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  1.09 MB

Car had some other needs, all of which was thoroughly detailed, explained and more pics sent, and regular updates as work progressed.

It's clear that Tom is knowledgeable and passionate about these cars, meticulous about his shop and super focused on the customer experience. He's damn nice and easy to speak with, even when I took an inordinate amount of his time.

Not sure if this is standard for their service, but my car was washed and waxed before it was returned. WOW! Of course the quality of work is most important, but this was the cherry on top. Car feels perfect, but I'm no wrench or expert so I can't really comment beyond that.

I'll be taking all my cars there going forward. Especially happy as they are the closest to me!

Quick Reply: Best independent service shop in Los Angeles