Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tuning my gt2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:43 AM
stef1808
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning my gt2

So far ive got the RS intercooler + remap as I wanted to keep things close to stock to protect future values.

With that in mind, whats my next step? Ive been recommenced hybird turbos for high 6's BHP. Is there any other weak points in the engine I should know about

Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 05:08 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Your car probably already has it otherwise you would be complaining of a slipping clutch (but maybe you haven't loaded it enough yet) you will need a Sachs 890NM clutch for the extra torque from your remap, the standard clutches are right on their limits and can slip with standard torque.
200 cell cats (you can buy them to bolt on) with the appropriate remap and you are good to go, a solid 630hp/820NM which suits the car really well.
Hybrid turbos will change the engine's delivery and character quite a bit, unless you really want a lot more power I would stick to what you've got particularly reading your future value comments.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:34 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two weeks after a tune my clutch started slipping that's with a turbo power output.. the stock pressure plate cannot handle the torque

I would highly recommend Kevins 4.0 clutch kit. the lwfw has transformed how my engine revs and you not get minimal rpm loss on downshifts!

I can barely hear any chatter from the kit - I only hear it when I am in second gear at low rpms.. otherwise its just a small amount of mechanical type noise at idle.
I was pleasantly surprised as the older kits were noisy as hell

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-445-00-a.html

if you look at my signature you will see the direction I went with my car.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 AM
stef1808
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies.

your right, the car does already have a Sachs 890NM clutch in it.

cats seem to be the next simple bolt on stage, although was told theres not much gains without doing the turbos also

S
Old 05-19-2016, 09:59 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Some remaps will be too aggressive and give you an 8 second dyno run showing high 6XXhp or even more but this is not Porsche hp and will disappear
Standard GT2 VTGs are good for Porsche hp 630PS/840NM when used with GT2RS intercoolers, if you live somewhere hot and use load the engine the power will drop off due to high intake temperatures. In 30 degC climates it is easy to get IATs above 60C at which point you will lose power from your 630, you can easily lose 50hp when IATs get over 70C.

The 200 cell cats will reduce back pressure which helps everything on a turbo motor and importantly will help with those pesky IATs. The bigger VTG compressors will also do this but like I said before they will change the character of the GT2 torque delivery quite a lot and it will feel like a modified car (for your future value thing)

Quick Reply: Tuning my gt2