Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Pm sent.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:08 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

All the best with your wife and family, and I wish you all the strength needed.

You will enjoy your memories of the time you had with the GT3, and when the time is right hopefully you can get into another one.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:29 PM
JJJ911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to thank everyone for there interest in the car and there kind words both on this thread and in PM. It looks like the car is sold to a fellow rennlister which makes me extremely happy. This is the first time I have sold a car on here or a porsche for that matter and I feel like its staying in the family. I will still be lurking around the site per say mainly in the 993 and gt3 area and look forward to getting back in the driver seat within the next 12-18.

Thanks again
Old 05-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
so very very sorry to hear about the family trials and health challenges... hope all goes as well as possible from here... family first for sure, these cars are just toys am sure it is very hard for you to find time to do so... but if you can find the 15 minutes to post more complete info on the car (photos, window sticker, dme for overrevs, any aftermarket mods, location, VIN, carfax) it would only help you attract a serious buyer and get the car sold more quickly. from a point of departure of a mint condition car, a serious buyer on this board will still want to know: - does the car have carbon buckets (i assume not as i think u wd have stated in your brief list of major options)? - location of car? - whether it has an aftermarket LSD? - whether coolant lines have been addressed by welding/pinning? - whether the car has been track extensively and whether it has any meaningful over-rev history imho your asking price is a little on the high side, but it is a sweet car even without lwb seats, and you may well find a buyer close to 100k who really wants the rare/cool color. bid u glws and all else with the family... cheers
Seemed too cheap given age, color, condition, and ownership when I saw it yesterday.

Glad it sold quickly. Good luck to you and your family.

FYI. Lwb never avail on .1 gt3. Even rs (Which is basically same car). They are also not lightweight. The true lightweight cgt seats were only available in Europe on the cs. The gt2 Carbon seats are airbag fat boy buckets.

Aftermarket lsd, pinning welding have their own audiences.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:06 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
Seemed too cheap given age, color, condition, and ownership when I saw it yesterday.

Glad it sold quickly. Good luck to you and your family.

FYI. Lwb never avail on .1 gt3. Even rs (Which is basically same car). They are also not lightweight. The true lightweight cgt seats were only available in Europe on the cs. The gt2 Carbon seats are airbag fat boy buckets.

+1, tire kickers ask a bunch of questions about every little detail, buyers figure out if it's a good car and buy it. I used to think mooty's philosophy was crazy but it seems like he's rarely wrong on these.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 PM
///BLACKLABEL
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
+1, tire kickers ask a bunch of questions about every little detail, buyers figure out if it's a good car and buy it. I used to think mooty's philosophy was crazy but it seems like he's rarely wrong on these.
Boom.

I have purchased and sold w mooty and other RLers. 98% of the time the cars are on the up & up.

Nice blueeeee
Old 05-18-2016, 04:45 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

yes sorry...just a newb tire kicker here with my head in the weeds ...my ignorance evidently polluting the board... had better study up and learn the ways of the wise, or at least go to gt3 school ...otherwise i might never get the car i may want...and maybe one day i can have me a porsche modena with some serious m power...

more seriously and importantly, i'm very glad the OP sold the car quickly and successfully, and i hope he is back in a gt car and soon!!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:57 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Seemed too cheap given age, color, condition, and ownership when I saw it yesterday. Glad it sold quickly. Good luck to you and your family. FYI. Lwb never avail on .1 gt3. Even rs (Which is basically same car). They are also not lightweight. The true lightweight cgt seats were only available in Europe on the cs. The gt2 Carbon seats are airbag fat boy buckets. Aftermarket lsd, pinning welding have their own audiences.

golfnut owns more GT3s than anyone im aware of on the board, his questions are exactly the right ones, and GT2s are often fitted to .1s / common nomenclature is to call them LWBs in the US

Also congrats on sale and best of luck with everything OP
Old 05-18-2016, 11:39 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

This was my experience when I offered my .1 GT3 for sale on RL several months ago. A zillion questions (that were already answered in the ad) and the usual lowball offers without actually seeing/driving the car in person. The selling process on here was so frustrating that I decided to keep the car since it wasn't a forced sale - my intent was to reacquire a Porsche that I previously owned and had regretted selling almost immediately.

Anyway....Congratulations to the OP on the speedy, drama-free sale of his beautiful blue GT3. My very best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time and hopefully you will eventually be back in a GT3 or something else equally satisfying down the road.

Last edited by jackb911; 05-18-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:02 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

not such a common color M3 - good luck with sale - good luck to your family.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 PM
waizone
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats to both seller and buyer.
OP - wish you and your family the best.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:58 PM
Burn Meter
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mom has MS, I know the feel OP. The key is to sustain whatever capabilities your wife has now, modified diet and exercise, and get on the right meds.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2007 gt3