Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB: 997.1 Gt3

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 03:23 PM
ZombieBranz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donkikonki
PPI turned out clean so we got a deal..!!! will post some pics etc when i get the car!! super excited! thanks again for the help!

congrats! I'm partial to black as well....now the hard part is waiting to get the beast in your hands....I had to wait 3 weeks...hope your wait is much shorter!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Donkikonki
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombieBranz
congrats! I'm partial to black as well....now the hard part is waiting to get the beast in your hands....I had to wait 3 weeks...hope your wait is much shorter!
1 week.... Not too bad but feels like a month...
Old 06-06-2016, 02:29 AM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 week.... Not too bad but feels like a month...
Congrats on the purchase
Old 06-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

You really need to drive the candidate cars before purchase.
A lot of focus is on the DME readout because that is data which is easily obtained but the transmission is physically connected to it and is affected by that power transfer. A friend drove the Rusnak GT3 and made very astute comment that the gearshifting was resistive and difficult to engage. To me that is a big red flag.

Any buyer really needs to get on a plane, be boots on the ground, and drive the prospectve car before purchase. Everytime I hear of anyone trying to second guess condition, buy on spec alone, or over the internet then I cringe. It is a recipe for unhappiness.

Hi, thanks for all the replies, now i need decisions as i have two good cars two choose..

The black one i mentioned above, 1-owner, all service docs, no over revs, no track, perfect except repainted door and rear bumber (just really small scratches from parking lot) , price 87,5k.

Or white (favourite color) 14k miles, original paint, no over revs, has seen some track days, all service docs, 2-owners, coolant pipes should be pinned,
Some upgrades:Guard differential, Brembo 2 Piece front slotted rotors, Cup car arms (all 4 corners) with metal bushings, Heim-joint toe links. Price 98k.

What do you think? white one sould have pinned coolant pipes but not 100% sure actually. Its not easy, both cars great for sure!
Old 06-13-2016, 02:43 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter

Any buyer really needs to get on a plane, be boots on the ground, and drive the prospectve car before purchase. Everytime I hear of anyone trying to second guess condition, buy on spec alone, or over the internet then I cringe. It is a recipe for unhappiness.
+1000

Soon I will be in the process of selling my GT3 and I will absolutely refuse to entertain a sale unless the buyer actually sees and drives the car.

This should lessen the number of time wasting tire kickers, scammers and pen pals that always seem to come out of the woodwork. I speak from experience.

After the seller provides an accurate and thorough description, the proper documentation and good photos, a serious buyer should take the time and make the effort to inspect and drive the car, get a PPI and have the funds ready. That way the buyer and the seller will be a lot happier in the long run. A less time-consuming process for the seller and a happier buyer. Don't they call that a win-win?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:57 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by jackb911
+1000 Soon I will be in the process of selling my GT3 and I will absolutely refuse to entertain a sale unless the buyer actually sees and drives the car. This should lessen the number of time wasting tire kickers, scammers and pen pals that always seem to come out of the woodwork. I speak from experience. After the seller provides an accurate and thorough description, the proper documentation and good photos, a serious buyer should take the time and make the effort to inspect and drive the car, get a PPI and have the funds ready. That way the buyer and the seller will be a lot happier in the long run. A less time-consuming process for the seller and a happier buyer. Don't they call that a win-win?
There is no magic bullet except sell under market or have someone else sell for you which is the same as selling under market

Otherwise field 1000 emails and calls for tire kickers

I had someone sell mine - next time I'll just ask 5 under market and be done with it

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.1 Gt3