Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB: 997.1 Gt3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:50 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donkikonki
Drivers door and rear bumber was repainted. Just a small scratches when parking the car. I know it would affect resale for sure.. But i would pay for it less too! Looks like it has license plate support drilled to the front bumber too, not good..
Lol! You cannot have it all! Since rear bumper has been re spray-ed just do the same for the front along with filling the holes. But I get you. It is almost a deal breaker.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by abcut973
Lol! You cannot have it all! Since rear bumper has been re spray-ed just do the same for the front along with filling the holes. But I get you. It is almost a deal breaker.
While I don't recommend lifting the most expensive car in the land blindfolded, I have learned over and over that you almost always get what you pay for. Skimping here or there to save some scratch has a funny way of never working out.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:17 PM
David911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you driving it or putting it in a museum? Some well done repair is not likely to impact drivability or appearance.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:38 AM
Donkikonki
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats a great points from both of you. I have same mentality than you modena about saving here and there could cost you lot more later with these cars. But i think that goes more to mechanical things. If it has range 4-6 over revs i would not even consider. But since it has no over revs and service records looks fine, im asking myself why not. Its just a paint and if its done well you dont even notice

David, its no way im gonna bubble wrap this thing. But im not gonna daily drive it either. Just some spirited mountain driving and maybe some track days too.

But there is one car too about 10-12k more which is all around mint. It has some nice upgrades too like welded cooling, rebuilt lsd, some nice suspension bits. As much as i understand about these cars those are kind of weak points of the car what i should do in the future anyways.

Speculate, speculate... I like this forum, should have joined long time ago!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:40 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 116 Posts

Cooling line work worth it

LSD - debatable big locking LSD will make car push more into corner unless trail braking and rotating car harder which is also closer to limit

I'm a fan of striking a balance "value" not needing to pay top dollar but knowing she won't be 100% perfect which ultimately is ok Is the way to go IMO, but different strokes for different folks

These are fun cars
Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Thats a great points from both of you. I have same mentality than you modena about saving here and there could cost you lot more later with these cars. But i think that goes more to mechanical things. If it has range 4-6 over revs i would not even consider. But since it has no over revs and service records looks fine, im asking myself why not. Its just a paint and if its done well you dont even notice

David, its no way im gonna bubble wrap this thing. But im not gonna daily drive it either. Just some spirited mountain driving and maybe some track days too.

But there is one car too about 10-12k more which is all around mint. It has some nice upgrades too like welded cooling, rebuilt lsd, some nice suspension bits. As much as i understand about these cars those are kind of weak points of the car what i should do in the future anyways.

Speculate, speculate... I like this forum, should have joined long time ago!
Welded pipes, rebuilt LSD, suspension is easily worth the extra 10K if you're going to track the car.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 AM
Donkikonki
Advanced

Hi, thanks for all the replies, now i need decisions as i have two good cars two choose..

The black one i mentioned above, 1-owner, all service docs, no over revs, no track, perfect except repainted door and rear bumber (just really small scratches from parking lot) , price 87,5k.

Or white (favourite color) 14k miles, original paint, no over revs, has seen some track days, all service docs, 2-owners, coolant pipes should be pinned,
Some upgrades:Guard differential, Brembo 2 Piece front slotted rotors, Cup car arms (all 4 corners) with metal bushings, Heim-joint toe links. Price 98k.

What do you think? white one sould have pinned coolant pipes but not 100% sure actually. Its not easy, both cars great for sure!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Hi, thanks for all the replies, now i need decisions as i have two good cars two choose..

The black one i mentioned above, 1-owner, all service docs, no over revs, no track, perfect except repainted door and rear bumber (just really small scratches from parking lot) , price 87,5k.

Or white (favourite color) 14k miles, original paint, no over revs, has seen some track days, all service docs, 2-owners, coolant pipes should be pinned,
Some upgrades:Guard differential, Brembo 2 Piece front slotted rotors, Cup car arms (all 4 corners) with metal bushings, Heim-joint toe links. Price 98k.

What do you think? white one sould have pinned coolant pipes but not 100% sure actually. Its not easy, both cars great for sure!
What options dot he cars have? Are there certain options that are must haves or must not haves for you? Do you plan to track the car? If you do then some track time wouldn't bother me. How can a car have all the service records but the owner doesn't know for sure if the lines have pinned? That should be noted in the service records right? Sounds like you prefer white, is it worth $10k to you? If you plan to track and white is preferred that sounds like your car. Are these final negotiated prices or is there room for negotiation? Are either of the cars local?
Old 05-26-2016, 09:48 AM
abcut973
Pro

^ some good points above. But to put it simply since you have done your homework and finally came down to 2 cars I would choose the white one if my plans were to enjoy the car as it is supposed to. That one is track ready and I'm pretty sure it has the coolant pipes done. How can you have so many track oriented aftermarket parts and not have the lines done?
Now if you are looking for a garage queen type of car maybe the black one is for you. You save $10k that you could use for some cosmetic upgrades or else.
In both cases you cannot go wrong. GL
Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

$87.5K for the Black one seems like a great buy, even if you pay $3000ish for coolent pipe work if you do decide on some DE events. Unless you start getting more serious the GT3 is already a beast in stock setup for DE events.
GL.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:13 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

are they both local to you? go check them out and decide which you want regardless of $. They sound equal in value for $ to me.

i have a white one, and perfer white over black especially in the 997.1 because the black accents set off so well whereas they get blended in for the darker color. You have to decide if you get the black one, will you kick yourself everytime you see me drive by in the san jose area.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Donkikonki
Advanced

Thanks for the replies! good points. I think i will track the car maybe couple of times but mostly it will just be weekend car and spirited driving on those nice mountain roads at norcal.

Black one is close to me, white is little further away.. do you think 98k is too much? it is very hard to decide if its worth 10k more as the black one is pretty damn good example too and those repaints would only affect resale which is not gonna happen anytime soon..
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM
abcut973
Pro

The 10k difference is what you would pay for having all those track mods. So let's say $95k on that white one.
Based on what you said just go with the black one. You won't be tracking that car much. The mods are really a must have for hardcore racer . The GT3 in stock form is already a great track car.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:22 AM
Donkikonki
Advanced

Thank you all for helping out, ppi is scheduled for that black gt3! Lets see
Old 06-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Donkikonki
Advanced

PPI turned out clean so we got a deal..!!! will post some pics etc when i get the car!! super excited! thanks again for the help!

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.1 Gt3