Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Porsche 997.1 GT3 Gets BBi Autosport Coolant Pipe Weld Retrofit

Attachment 1344394

BBi Autosport Porsche 997.1 GT3 Coolant Pipe Welding Fix

(Click on images for higher resolution)

This Porsche 997.1 GT3 to fell victim to the infamous coolant pipe failure while out and about San Diego and it was towed back to our shop to have the coolant pipes welded. Bonded together by adhesives, the factory coolant pipes failing is a very common problem with the Porsche GT1-block equipped models (GT3, GT2, Turbo). Itcan result in coolant dumping all over the engine bay and possibly cause an accident on the street or track.

BBi Autosport Porsche 997.1 GT3 Turbo Billet Aluminum Coolant Pipe Kit

As the best preventative fix/solution for this problem, BBi Autosport offers replacement billet aluminum coolant pipes to be permanently welded. Compared to the factory fittings, the replacement BBi billet fittings offers superior metallurgy to allow stronger, higher quality welds. We offer this complete service at our facility in Southern California from start to finish. For clients that are not local, we sell the billet aluminum pipe kit separately and also work with many Porsche dealerships and shops throughout the US to have the parts shipped to us for the welding service.

Despite this being the best solution for the problem, the biggest caveat is being able to properly weld the fittings as it requires extensive surface preparation and welding skills. Our team carefully removes the engine, disassembles the necessary components, and then thoroughly cleans them in our ultrasonic cleaner to ensure that it can be properly welded. Afterwards, our in-house fabrication department meticulously weld each replacement pipe and then our technicians pressure test each set for for leaks prior to reinstalling the engine or ship out the parts. Here are pictures of the kit and the process

Old Pipe Fittings

Welding New Fittings

Engine is Pressure Tested Before Reinstallation to Ensure No Leaks

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed. BBi Autosport products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific. BBi Autosport is always actively working to expand our dealer network worldwide to grow the distribution of our products and better serve our growing client base. For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 AM
ymc226
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2007 GT3 hasn't been welded or pinned yet so this is a concern. My plan was to get this welded by BBI when I moved back to Socal but it might be 2-3 years from now. Though I don't track the car, it is still a worry and am thinking maybe I should get this done sooner.

Is there a trusted indy that can do the quality of welding and self check their work as you do in the NJ/NY area? Or if I choose to have the welds done by BBI, which shops in my area have you worked with? I'm in Princeton (central Jersey) but there seem to be more Porsche indies in north Jersey.

I also bought the Shark Werks GT3 stainless steel coolant elbow pipes and would have them installed at the same time. Any other parts I should have replaced or any service that you would recommend at your shop while the engine is out? So far I just passed the 20K mark, no over revs.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

How much for the coolant fittings?
Old 01-30-2017, 01:36 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
How much for the coolant fittings?
Hi Johnny, The fitting themselves a la carte is $200.00

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 05-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If I wanted to get this done on my 08 Turbo...do you guys have all the fittings already welded on a set and when I take mine off mail you back the cores?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:28 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have the fittings in stock but don't have any housings here for a core exchange. If you ship us the housing, we will remove the old fittings, clean it,weld the new fitings, and send everything back to you.

- jerry@bbiautosport.com
Old 05-25-2017, 08:55 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

What's the turnaround time for getting this done?

Trending Topics

Old 05-26-2017, 06:23 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ymc226
My 2007 GT3 hasn't been welded or pinned yet so this is a concern.
I also bought the Shark Werks GT3 stainless steel coolant elbow pipes and would have them installed at the same time. Any other parts I should have replaced or any service that you would recommend at your shop while the engine is out? So far I just passed the 20K mark, no over revs.
Replace the rear main seal , since they're dropping the engine, and that's really the cost. MIght check spark plugs, coil packs .
Old 05-26-2017, 06:30 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
What's the turnaround time for getting this done?
If it is an in-shop car, it takes a week.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997.1 GT3 Gets BBi Autosport Coolant Pipe Weld Retrofit