Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Corvette Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For years, my opinion is that a Corvette has more performance for the cost than just about any other car available. And of course, when a Porsche costs a third more than an otherwise comparable 'Vette, it will have a higher quality interior, and better fit and finish. But for raw, pure performance, 'Vette's are a huge value. There was a time, about 20 years ago, when I did try to find a way to acquire one. But about 3 years ago, when I moved from my Superformance Cobra, I did not "cross-shop" a Corvette, as I have always much preferred smaller, more diminutive cars, and Corvettes are wide, fat cars. But I would not want to challenge one to a roll-on, that is for sure. Raw, pure horsepower makes up for a lot of otherwise lacking features of a vehicle.

all the best......
Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

A shout - out to Switchcars for selling me sight unseen my first GT3, was exactly how described via phone calls and as all of you know awesome machine even totally stock at this time (except raw SW tips).
If the car races in the U.S. or WEC sports car series, I like it, but maybe getting jaded with so many Vettes where I live and trying to watch day 1 or 2 of the televised auctions so many vettes cross the block just get tired of them, IMO.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:39 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

modern corvettes are astonishingly capable cars.
I just don't want one.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2016, 05:15 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

I was one that went from a Corvette to a GT3 and the difference is night at day. Yes the Corvette exhaust note is amazing with a set of headers but its not as enjoyable to drive once you're done doing your highway pull. Unfortunately, I had to sell my GT3 for family reasons but hope to get back into the P game with a 991 daily driver with a few years. I quickly learned the GT3 isn't a daily driver and I needed something a bit more well rounded.

Quick Reply: Corvette Perspective