Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I've got the bug . . . question on GT3 997.1 transmission oil change

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015 | 06:40 PM
jonwb
Pro

Originally Posted by Spyerx
One thing I forgot to mention. Getting the belly pans off while on jack stands is a pita!!! Putting them back on is even worse.
^^ He speaks the truth...
Old 12-31-2015 | 07:02 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonwb
^^ He speaks the truth...
I did a little bleeding on that step
Old 01-01-2016 | 09:53 AM
ymc226
Advanced

Originally Posted by Spyerx
One thing I forgot to mention. Getting the belly pans off while on jack stands is a pita!!! Putting them back on is even worse.
Thanks for the warning. My plan is to raise the car on its 4 wheels not using my 2 sets of Jackpot jack stands but to use Racer Ramps (10 inch lift) on the back wheels and just bought a set of their 10 inch cribs for the front wheels which would place the car level. The Racer Ramps are 2 piece so the front ramp wouldn't be used and in the way. That would give me clearance to the attachment points for the belly pans without the problem of the jack stands being in the way.

At the same time, while the car is still cold/undriven, I would loosen the fill plug but then snug it back up moderately tight, go for a drive to heat up the transmission oil. I'd then use the JP jacks to lift the car up since they feel more secure when I'm under the car.
Old 01-01-2016 | 10:12 AM
NAM VET
Pro

I have the 52 inch Race Ramps, and the 24 inch extra extensions, and our GT3 still can't drive fully up on the ramps because of the front lip being bent back. Perhaps if you remove the lip it may go. I am always leary of substantially raising one end of a car with jacks, then raising the other end, as I have seen cars slip off jacks. Be very careful.

all the best....
Old 01-01-2016 | 01:10 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Cars slip off because the Jack is not rolling on the floor while it goes up and the car moves. You have to make sure jacks are moving with their casters.

I drive up into race ramp cradles and then jack up rear and set it down on railroad tie pieces I have. All 4 tires setting on something. No problem doing under panels that way.

Quick Reply: I've got the bug . . . question on GT3 997.1 transmission oil change