Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Durametric PASM Error

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Durametric PASM Error

Hey guys, does anyone know where do you get the PASM errors in the Durametric menu (i.e. which shock is failing)? I am getting PASM failure on the dash and suspension goes to hard. Checked with durametric and I only see one error in the Gateway menu that says "over/under voltage". Any help is much appreciated.

Could be the battery playing tricks because the car sits 2-3 weeks at a time, but would like to rule it out. It's relatively new, a year old, battery and car starts fine without any issues.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 01:37 AM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

for what it's worth it's Durametric error 8001...
Old 11-20-2015, 01:42 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you tried driving it? After a dead battery sometimes all you have to do is drive it a bit and it fixes itself.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Car starts and drives, no issues there, the PASM error stays on until the car is shut off. Comes right back on when I turn on the car and start driving again. Battery hasn't died, the only reason why I mentioned the battery is because of the error description says over/under voltage
Old 04-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speeds5
Car starts and drives, no issues there, the PASM error stays on until the car is shut off. Comes right back on when I turn on the car and start driving again. Battery hasn't died, the only reason why I mentioned the battery is because of the error description says over/under voltage
Did you ever find the answer to this problem? I am having the same problem and I'm wondering if I killed the struts because of the lowering spring.

Thanks, I know it's a very old thread.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Yes I did. The PASM control unit which is located in the passenger footwell had gone bad. I don't have the part number handy. New unit fixed the issue and car been fine ever since. It was a 10 min job to replace it. Let me know if you have any other question. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Rob_G
Did you ever find the answer to this problem? I am having the same problem and I'm wondering if I killed the struts because of the lowering spring.

Thanks, I know it's a very old thread.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:46 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

May be a great opportunity to purchase a DSC sport instead. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
May be a great opportunity to purchase a DSC sport instead. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
+1!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:20 PM
runet
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Just adding Our own experience for others searching this failure later on.

On my wifes 987 Boxster the PASM Failure message suddenly appeared. Stop the enigne and start the car again and the error is gone until the car moves and it comes right back. Dampers are in sport mode all the time. If the sport damper button is pushed before the car starts moving the PASM Failure Message does not appear, and the car can be turned off and started again and driven without any error message as long as the dampers are not put back in normal mode.
This was due to faulty PASM Controller, and was solved by replacing the PASM unit with a second hand unit. Plug and play, no programming needed.

I also got a PASM failure message on the 997 GT3 after the winter storage (long period without battery connected), wich was weird since the PASM dampers was replaced with Ohlins long time ago and PASM was coded out in the Gateway (I use Durametric).
It seems that somehow the PSM setting in the Instrument Cluster had been reset, so by changing PSM settings to Not Installed in the Instrument Cluster fixed this.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:23 PM
sl951
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lowering spring or ride height changes should not damage the PASM struts. As long as you keep the factory urethane bump rubber, it will limit any 'bottoming out' issues.

I've taken apart a couple of these struts, the PASM internals are a very simple (typical OEM) design. The electronic part is a simple solenoid valve that restricts the flow of oil. It's either on or off when battery voltage is applied. The shocks do not have any internal sensors (e.g., height measuring, frequency measuring, etc)
Old 10-01-2021, 09:15 PM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5
Yes I did. The PASM control unit which is located in the passenger footwell had gone bad. I don't have the part number handy. New unit fixed the issue and car been fine ever since. It was a 10 min job to replace it. Let me know if you have any other question. Good luck!
Anyone have the part number for the PASM control unit for our 997 GT3 cars?

My local mechanic says I need to replace the whole front shock but the shock feels fine to me...
Old 10-01-2021, 09:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by balefire

My local mechanic says I need to replace the whole front shock but the shock feels fine to me...
why? Also if you are going to replace the OEM PASM controller - get a DSC instead.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:16 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

PASM module part number is 99761810596. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:04 AM
ngng
Drifting

Received 299 Likes on 181 Posts

I might have one when I installed my MCS.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:05 AM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

bump.
fyi, i did as my mechanic suggested and replaced the front shock, not the PASM controller.
this fixed my PASM error.
oddly, i never had issues with the performance of the shock while autocrossing.

Quick Reply: Durametric PASM Error