Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Yet another DME question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:45 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Yet another DME question...

I have a possible buyer for my GT3 and wanted to get a DME report to check the overrev situation. I'm the fifth owner of the car, got it from a good Porsche friend in 2013 who bought it from a local Atlanta owner whom I am acquainted with. I know nothing about the first two owners except that the first owner purchased the car from Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, FL.

The car presently has slightly over 39K miles. It has zero track equipment and no evidence of being so equipped. I'm pretty sure the brake rotors are the originals and there are zero cracks or discoloration. Aside from one road accident early in its life (left rear, no airbag deployment, title is clean) which was properly repaired, the car is pristine and seems to have led a very easy life.

With all that information in mind, today I took it to Goldcrest Motorsports to have a DME report run. Here it is. My question is, does this look legit or has the DME been scrubbed sometime in the past? Note the 1435.2 operating hours.

Comments pro and con are appreciated as I want to make sure the potential buyer receives full disclosure.

Last edited by jackb911; 09-23-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:23 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 259 Posts

For comparison, this is a readout from the wife's Carrera S PDK, divide the miles by operating hours to get average speed.

Originally Posted by jackb911
I have a possible buyer for my GT3 and wanted to get a DME report to check the overrev situation. I'm the fifth owner of the car, got it from a good Porsche friend in 2013 who bought it from a local Atlanta owner whom I am acquainted with. I know nothing about the first two owners except that the first owner purchased the car from Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, FL.

The car presently has slightly over 39K miles. It has zero track equipment and no evidence of being so equipped. I'm pretty sure the brake rotors are the originals and there are zero cracks or discoloration. Aside from one road accident early in its life (left rear, no airbag deployment, title is clean) which was properly repaired, the car is pristine and seems to have led a very easy life.

With all that information in mind, today I took it to Goldcrest Motorsports to have a DME report run. Here it is. My question is, does this look legit or has the DME been scrubbed sometime in the past? Note the 1435.2 operating hours.

Comments pro and con are appreciated as I want to make sure the potential buyer receives full disclosure.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:48 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks, much appreciated. Yours is 29.5 mph average speed, mine is 27.3 so I assume all is well.

Quick Reply: Yet another DME question...