Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Who Daily Drives Their GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 03:46 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I have used my GT3 for everything... but now i just pedal around in my soft 997 turbo.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:56 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET

But I have no trepidation in daily driving a car lacking in driver comfort. I had a Superformance 427 Cobra replica for a decade, sold it about 4 years ago. Because my wife insisted I sell my much modified AWD turbo Eclipse, it promptly became my only car to drive. That is why it had over 140,000 miles on it when I sold it. Drove it daily, rain, snow, traffic, long trip, short trip, sometimes in temps down to the mid 20's, top off. Also thousands of track miles with I or my son driving, and over 100 drag strip runs.

You can commute in anything as long as you make "acommidations ", on the back of an elephant, camel, dog sled, Ariel Atom, or your GT3.

I still greatly miss my Cobra, but when year around gas became always 10% Ethanol, I just couldn't keep the race Holley from percolating and stalling.

the last picture I have of it, the day I took it back to Olthoff Racing, who sold it for me.

All the best....
You are king in my books!
To use your cobra like you did is just amazing. Inspiring!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have DD mine since 2011, use it for shopping, track, Sunday drives, business trips, meetings and daily commute... its just a car if an exciting and appreciating one.

Would like to resign to the Sunday drives and track days but not practical since the oil and gas price nose dived.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:36 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anybody that daily drives a GT3 is a crazy fool. I'd also enjoy having a drink with that same crazy fool. My kind of peeps.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:23 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I did for quite a while (~2 years) but Houston traffic got worse and worse and ultimately turns to be just a big waste of a great car (plus the risk of a careless driver damaging it).
Comfortable enough to me, gear ratios long enough if I ended in a stop and go traffic, and I don't have a problem with the heavy clutch. Downside, performance envelope is too high, you can't really get anywere near pushing it or going for it.
Now I use it on fridays (less traffic) to keep it running frequently and at the track as much as I can...

Quick Reply: Who Daily Drives Their GT3?