Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 625 Likes on 351 Posts
Default New Product: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 997 GT3

Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Spiegler brake lines are the highest quality brake lines on the market, period. Believe it or not, the owner of Spiegler is actually a German engineer who drives a 911! The fittings are sourced from Switzerland, and the hoses are assembled and tested in Ohio. They have some unique features that aren't available elsewhere. The fittings were explicitly developed for Porsche applications at a considerable expense. They really are the Swiss Watch of brake lines. Our GT3 line kit includes the lines for all four corners of the car. You can read more about Spiegler on their site.

The install below is shown on a 997, and gives you a close look at the unique fittings and how they are implemented on the car. These are on the shelf and available to ship today.

From our website...

Stated simply, some of the automotive brake lines currently on the market are downright frightening. Looking at the fitting and assembly quality makes you wonder where the parts came from, and who put them together. Low grade carbon steel fittings, sloppy stainless weave, no abrasion coatings, substandard linings…the list goes on. When you consider that your brake lines are the critical safety link between your foot and your calipers, these facts aren’t exactly comforting. Not only are some of these parts suspect, it can take forever to actually receive them after placing an order.

Spiegler does things a little differently. While you may not be familiar with the Spiegler name, they’ve been a trusted producer of stainless steel brake lines in the motorcycle racing industry for some time. Every component in a Spiegler brake line is manufactured to exacting standards in the USA or Western Europe, and these premium components are then hand assembled and tested at Spiegler’s facilities in Dayton, Ohio. You can buy Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with confidence, knowing that you’ll be receiving the finest product available for your car.

You’ll also receive your parts quickly. When you have a track day on the horizon, you know you’ll have your parts in time to install them.

Not only is Spiegler’s quality and delivery superior, they also provide some innovative features which solve some old problems.

“Stress-free” Torsion Fitting System

If you’ve ever installed a set of brake lines on your car, you’ve likely run into issues when trying to get the lines in proper orientation with the calipers. In order to be installed without any unwanted tension or stress, the line may need to be routed in a certain direction or angle with relation to the brakes and suspension. As you screw the banjo bolt into the caliper, the banjo fitting inevitably starts to rotate along with the bolt. You counteract this effect by pre-setting the line in a position counterclockwise of where you want it to actually end up, and then rotating it into position as you tighten the banjo bolt. This is called ‘clocking,’ and it can be a tedious affair.

Once you have the line tightened down, you’re done, right? Not exactly. While routing the brake line to the hard line attachment point, it’s very easy to introduce some twist into the line. That means you’re generating tension and strain on the line. When you turn your front wheels or go over a patch of rough road, that stress can be enhanced greatly.

Most brake lines don’t have a solution for this dilemma. Spiegler lines fortunately do. The unique Spiegler Torsion System on the banjo fitting can be rotated, allowing for the removal of any unwanted tension in the line. Pop the line in your vice, give it a twist, and it’s much easier to position the line. These unique fittings allow for a cleaner install with less stress on the line, which means less chance of the line rupturing, or having unwanted contact with a wheel or suspension component.

Abrasion Resistant Coating/Sheath

All Spiegler Stainless Steel Lines come with an abrasion resistant coating. On the standard parts (non-custom colors), that coating is clear so you’re able to see the underlying stainless weave. The abrasion resistant coating prevents the line from snagging, protects the stainless weave from debris, and also allows the line to slide smoothly through any required retainers or brackets for a given application.

Aircraft Quality Stainless Steel Fittings and Bolts

When you drive your car in an environment as harsh as a racetrack, they’re constantly under assault from heat, tire debris, rocks, dirt, etc. In these conditions you need a high quality brake line designed to cope with these hazards. Spiegler lines are built tough, using aircraft grade stainless steel fittings and hardware. These components form the glue that holds the brake line together. Spiegler is so confident in the strength of their lines that they went so far as to dangle a sport bike from one of their brake lines (see above).

Heavy Gauge, Tightly Woven Stainless Steel Braid

The devil is in the details. Take a look at the Spiegler line above on the left, compared to a competitor's line on the right. Notice the tighter weave and heavier gauge wire on the Spiegler line. Spiegler lines are made from domestically sourced, heavy gauge, densely woven stainless steel braid, and you're getting far more stainless steel per inch than competitors offer. The result is superior pedal feel, strength, durability, and safety.

Du Pont PTFE- Teflon lining, DOT Compliant

Spiegler lines are made with proven, durable components you can rely on, such as a DuPont Teflon® inner lining. Every Spiegler line also complies with Department Of Transportation guidelines for automobile brake lines, so they’re perfect for your road legal track car or daily driver.

Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 08-24-2015, 12:37 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Where can we order from?
Old 08-24-2015, 01:00 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You can order from Clark at Apex Performance or directly from us. If you buy from us you can purchase them directly at this link:

http://www.essexparts.com/spiegler-s...6-997-991.html
Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

Do you have any reseller in Europe?

Am interested to buy one set into my GT3.

thanks,Juha
Old 08-25-2015, 11:19 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juha Pussinen
Hello,

Do you have any reseller in Europe?

Am interested to buy one set into my GT3.

thanks,Juha
We don't have a reseller for these in Europe, but we'd be happy to ship you a set if you'd like some. They're fairly small and lightweight, so shipping shouldn't be too terrible.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:47 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Ordering my set today.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:38 PM
wchai
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeff, will you be offering 6 line kit for 997 GT3? I see you are doing that for 991 GT3. Can I just buy the 991 GT3 6 line kit for a 997 GT3 fitment?

I just bought your 997 GT3 4 line kit and they are still in the boxes.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:37 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Jeff, will you be offering 6 line kit for 997 GT3? I see you are doing that for 991 GT3. Can I just buy the 991 GT3 6 line kit for a 997 GT3 fitment?

I just bought your 997 GT3 4 line kit and they are still in the boxes.

Thanks.
Unfortunately we have never tried test fitting our 991 six line kit on a 997. To my knowledge we don't have any reason to believe that they won't fit, since our standard four line kit does fit the 997. We just have never physically put them on a 997 ourselves, so we can't claim that they will work.

If you want to return the four line kit and go with the six line, we will do that for you. We just can't take any returns once they're opened for safety reasons. You would be installing the six line kit 'at your own risk'.

We tend to be very conservative with fitment issues. We like to put hands on the precise car in question before making any claims. Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:25 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I only see the 6 line kit on your website. How much is the 4 line kit for 997 GT3? Are there any colored sheath options available ?
Old 08-27-2016, 02:31 PM
wchai
Advanced

Thanks Jeff. Since I need the brake lines for a project, can I buy the 6 line kit first and then I ship the 4 line kit back to you for credit? That would reduce the wait time for me.

So I assume the new 6 line kit is approximately 2 inches longer from body to front brake line bracket, and adding two lines from brake line bracket to calipers, correct? If so I think that should work as long as the connectors are the same.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:33 PM
wchai
Advanced

Tye, I will text you a picture of the 4 line kit.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:33 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bmwtye
I only see the 6 line kit on your website. How much is the 4 line kit for 997 GT3? Are there any colored sheath options available ?
Here is the link to the original four line kit:
https://www.essexparts.com/spiegler-...front-and-rear

We can do color sheath options. The cost will be a little higher and the lead time a little longer. We'd just have to work it out with Spiegler. Shoot me an email if you'd like to pursue that option. Thanks!

Thanks Jeff. Since I need the brake lines for a project, can I buy the 6 line kit first and then I ship the 4 line kit back to you for credit? That would reduce the wait time for me.

So I assume the new 6 line kit is approximately 2 inches longer from body to front brake line bracket, and adding two lines from brake line bracket to calipers, correct? If so I think that should work as long as the connectors are the same.
Yes, you can move forward with the six line option. We'll credit you back when we receive the four line kit back. If you PM me your phone number, I'll have one of my sales people call you to get things going.

On the front, the line from the hard point on the car to the brake line bracket is identical in both the four and six line kits. Two new lines were added in the six line kit. They go from the brake line bracket to the caliper, replacing the factory hard pipe. Those were the lines that were lengthened on the front vs. the first version of the six line kit.

The rear lines in the six line kit are also bit longer than those in the four line kit, to accommodate caliper studs.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:43 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Will you be looking into having an 'official' 6 line kit for the 997 GT3 in the near future? I'd love to install these and replace my hard lines too.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:53 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shizzle
Will you be looking into having an 'official' 6 line kit for the 997 GT3 in the near future? I'd love to install these and replace my hard lines too.
wchai is going to be fitting his six line set soon. He will be unofficial, but he should be able to provide some good data once his shape installs the lines.

If anyone can get us a car we'd be more than happy to look at it. We're just west of Charlotte, NC. Unfortunately 997 GT3's aren't as common as old Chevy pickups around here!
Old 10-17-2016, 11:38 PM
wchai
Advanced

Elephant Racing is installing the brake lines for me on my GT3 calipers. We should find out soon if the 991 6-line kit will work on my 997. I will report back to you guys.

Quick Reply: New Product: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 997 GT3