Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Clutch Squeak/Friction at about 50-75% of travel

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:30 PM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Squeak/Friction at about 50-75% of travel

Normally, I'd just take this to the dealer/shop and figure it'd be no problem to diagnose/fix. But, for some reason neither my indy nor dealer have been able to properly diagnose and solve. From the video, is anyone able to tell me what's going on and how I might fix it? Urgency of implementing such a fix would also be appreciated.

It happens from about 60% of travel to full travel. To the foot, you can feel a tad more friction during the same time you hear the squeak (but not much). Feels like something is catching/rubbing.

Please forgive the gratuitous presence of my hairy leg.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:40 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,776 Likes on 1,082 Posts

I posted before in your other thread. How many miles and/or track days on your clutch?

It is one or two things. Slave cylinder or the throw out bearing dragging on the guide tube. Mine sounded just like this.

Dropped tranny found fork worn, found tob shot and wobbly, found groove on guide tube. This had about 25 track days on it. Clutch itself had near no wear.

My suggestion would be drop tranny and get new tob, new guide tube, new pressure plate, check clutch disc, new fork, fork bushings, and pilot bearing.

Quick Reply: Clutch Squeak/Friction at about 50-75% of travel