Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help with 07 GT3 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 AM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I'm taking my ball and heading over to pelican to talk air cooled. LOL.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:00 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got to thinking. It seems to me that usually, when someone is looking to get "into" a GT3, and ask about what a particular car is worth, they post with emotion, talk about their passion for the car, what they have owned before, "just can't wait", that sort of comments.

Whereas a very analytical sort of inquiry, devoid of any mention of their "passion" for a GT3, I think may be coming from someone, perhaps a dealer, who has come into a GT3, and comes to this forum for a price opinion.

I could be very wrong, of course, maybe some people just are not very emotional or excited about their cars. Me, since I first learned to drive my dad's '59 Anglia, eventually rolling it in my HS parking lot in a moment of exuberance, buying the auto magazines with my lawn mowing money, then with great excitement buying my first car, a '63 TR4, then putting 44K miles on it the 11 months I owned it, as a college student, moving then to an MGB, have always found high performance and sports cars a really big part of my life's enjoyment.

So, I wonder about brief pricing inquiries being truly from a prospective buyer. But then, if the OP is just a much more clear-headed buyer than I have ever been when it comes to cars, I wish him or her all the best in their search for their own GT3.

Now, it iis 0430, and I am off to the hospital for a radical prostatectomy, and will be off-line for the next three days or so. I really want to get this over with, and move onto whatever the next phase of this cancer is for me.

My son is coming down from Columbia, SC in our GT3, and will enjoy the 400 or so miles he will put on our own car today.

Be back soon, and all the best...
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

all the best NAM VET. Look forward to seeing post back here soon.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:13 AM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

I wish you a smooth operation and speedy recovery Nam Vet.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, them prices finally coming down now. Only took them about 6 months then pop goes the bubble.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:32 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with 07 GT3 pricing

Good luck nam vet. Speedy recovery to you.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM
MGZT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I would like to make a newbie apologize if this topic has been discussed/beaten to death in this section. There was only one thread in the last 5 pages in this section that has 997 GT3 price and it was full of dog pics so that's really helpful. Plus, I think every GT3 comes with different options so of course the price would be different, no?

I think I should make an introduction (better late than never). My name is Henry and I'm from Houston, TX. I currently have 2013 GTR and I just sold my NSX and about to make a move on a GT3. I've been a fan of 997.1 Porsche GT3 since it came out and only recently been able to test-drive one. Long story short I'm in love and here I am. The rawness and feedback of the GT3 is nothing I've ever felt on any other cars I had. It’s amazing.

Finally, thanks to all who replied, I appreciate it very much. Now I know the price is on the high side, I will wait for the right one. Thanks again.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:30 AM
tgil
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

07 AND 08s SEEM TO BE MORE IN DEMAND, FOR MANUAL TRANS AND MORE RAW EXPERIENCE.
HIGH 90s AND EVEN LOW 100s WOULD BE FAIR FOR UNTRACKED AND TOP CONDITION GT3.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Yup, them prices finally coming down now. Only took them about 6 months then pop goes the bubble.
Pretty sure they have been steady at mid 80's for a while but there are still examples that are trending upwards. Some people are paying less, some people are paying more.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Emotional buy, just buy it. You may lose $, you may break even, you may make $ if you sell. Who cares, $100k is worth the price of admission.

Options don't matter. I pay more for less options. The nav sucks, the stereo sucks, the engine sounds sweet, the sports chromo creates a wart that reflects on the windshield, the full leather looks nice I guess and you get some more alcantara, PCCB are good only for street, less dust, but very expensive to replace.

Anyway, options don't matter, buy a clean car, get a PPI from a place that knows these cars, pull the DME codes, drive the car, buy it, enjoy it.

None of us are going to justify your purchase, just know what many of us paid for our cars would make you cry (luck here, no skill involved), and what I just paid for a G50 80's carrera would make people fall out of their chairs a year ago. Purely emotional purchases.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:47 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Hoping for a speedy recovery to you NAM VET!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:34 PM
nuge design
Intermediate

Not to alter the course of this pressing thread, but keep your tips up NAM VET. My brother just had his little nut removed. He came through with flying colors. Worried himself sick for no reason in the grand scheme of things… good luck to you.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just had some jello and sweet tea and feeling better as the evening comes. Surgeon's news a lot better than was feared but time will tell.

And welcome Henry to a great group of fellow GT3 enthusiasts.

And all the best.....
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
Just had some jello and sweet tea and feeling better as the evening comes. Surgeon's news a lot better than was feared but time will tell.

And all the best.....
That's great news. take it easy... you know what they say about doctors being the best patients! (or is the the worst?? LOL)
Old 06-24-2015, 04:43 PM
MGZT
Track Day

Originally Posted by NAM VET

And all the best.....
Thanks Nam. Hope you feel better.
PM you about your car. I was looking at White, but your price and the mods start looking so good.

Quick Reply: Help with 07 GT3 pricing