Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston
View Poll Results: Would you rebuild your brakes or take them to a shop to be rebuilt?
I'd rebuild them on my own.
28.57%
I'd take them to a shop.
57.14%
What are brakes?
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Front/Rear Caliper rebuild recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Ginsu Tim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front/Rear Caliper rebuild recommendations?

My rear calipers are starting to stick, sounds like I need to get these rebuilt soon.

Do you recommend doing the work yourself or taking it to a shop?

Best place to source the parts from?

Old 06-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Evolved Rs
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Its not a hard job. Just use compressed air to blow out pistons and swap seals/pistons then bleed.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

If you choose to have it done professionally, remove the caliper and ship it to Hayworth Racing Brakes. Just spoke to them today about some work. Super helpful and many on the racing forum have used with great results. Pricing is very reasonable. Much cheaper than new calipers.

Doing yourself is not hard, assuming it just needs new pistons and seals. Hayworth also pressure tests them and thoroughly refurbishes, including paint if you want. This is a bit more than is easy to do in your garage. If they need new parts you can source seals from brembo or the full lots from Porsche Motorsport.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Ginsu Tim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, helpful info!

Originally Posted by Spyerx
If you choose to have it done professionally, remove the caliper and ship it to Hayworth Racing Brakes. Just spoke to them today about some work. Super helpful and many on the racing forum have used with great results. Pricing is very reasonable. Much cheaper than new calipers.

Doing yourself is not hard, assuming it just needs new pistons and seals. Hayworth also pressure tests them and thoroughly refurbishes, including paint if you want. This is a bit more than is easy to do in your garage. If they need new parts you can source seals from brembo or the full lots from Porsche Motorsport.

Quick Reply: Front/Rear Caliper rebuild recommendations?