GT2 Seats Parts Hunt

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default GT2 Seats Parts Hunt

Hi guys,

I recently bought GT2 seats online, been tracking down the parts that I've needed and I think I got most of it, but I think a couple things are still missing. I am missing these yellow boxes/connectors/harnesses/wires/etc. on both sides, having trouble tracking down what they are/what wires they might be/etc. Anyone have a part number for me for the part and the wires associated perhaps? Thanks.

Yellow box and whatever associated wires shown on both sides of the seat in this video, starts at 1:09.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:12 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
Hi guys,

I recently bought GT2 seats online, been tracking down the parts that I've needed and I think I got most of it, but I think a couple things are still missing. I am missing these yellow boxes/connectors/harnesses/wires/etc. on both sides, having trouble tracking down what they are/what wires they might be/etc. Anyone have a part number for me for the part and the wires associated perhaps? Thanks.

Yellow box and whatever associated wires shown on both sides of the seat in this video, starts at 1:09.

Porsche GT2 Carbon Fiber Sport Bucket Seats - YouTube
That's the Airbag and weight sensor connector, your OEM seatbelt plug slides into there in addition to the weight sensor.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:34 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ngng
That's the Airbag and weight sensor connector, your OEM seatbelt plug slides into there in addition to the weight sensor.
Thanks!
Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

The weight sensor is only on the passenger side but I'm surprised they are not there.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:06 AM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
The weight sensor is only on the passenger side but I'm surprised they are not there.
I think the black weight sensor is there, just the yellow box was not. Haha. Think I've got it figured out for the most part. Just trying to see if I can find a part number for completeness' sake.

Last edited by LateBraking; 05-15-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Why would someone remove the connector?
Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Why would someone remove the connector?
For the seatbelt receptacles I believe. The yellow bracket holds in the airbag line, the seatbelt receptacle line, and some mysterious black clip which I've deduced is probably electronic seat functions memory and power.

For completeness' sake, I'm hoping to have the part number for the yellow bracket so I can clip it back on, but if I can't, then, well, I don't think it's necessary for the seat to function properly. Shouldn't be a big deal, it's just me being me, haha. To be 100% sure I need my stock seat to check, but unfortunately my car is currently in the shop. Long story, something simple turned into something complicated.

Last edited by LateBraking; 05-15-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:47 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
For the seatbelt receptacles I believe. The yellow bracket holds in the airbag line, the seatbelt receptacle line, and some mysterious black clip which I've deduced is probably electronic seat functions memory and power.

For completeness' sake, I'm hoping to have the part number for the yellow bracket so I can clip it back on, but if I can't, then, well, I don't think it's necessary for the seat to function properly. Shouldn't be a big deal, it's just me being me, haha. To be 100% sure I need my stock seat to check, but unfortunately my car is currently in the shop. Long story, something simple turned into something complicated.
I can get you the PN if needed.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ngng
I can get you the PN if needed.
If you do happen to come across the P/N, no rush, but let me know. Thanks for the offer. Even my local dealers are having a hard time because even the PET is listing it incorrectly. Haha.

Quick Reply: GT2 Seats Parts Hunt