Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Fun /DRIVE video for GT2 folks;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Reid55
What's PDK? Is that some sort of sedative or muscle relaxer?
It's a drug that makes you hallucinate and think that you're not having fun in a GT3.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Oldskewl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry is going to sue somebody..
Old 05-14-2015, 06:12 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Jerry is going to sue somebody..
Hah actually a little birdie told me he watched and liked it. I think that's a good thing
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
It's a drug that makes you hallucinate and think that you're not having fun in a GT3.
It's a virus!
Old 05-15-2015, 07:15 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think pdk is a muscle relaxer- saves the puckering of the sphincter from missed shifts!

Awesome car and one I would trade to one in a heartbeat if I could find one
Old 05-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

p.s pdk RS2 would be even better ... hide...
Old 05-15-2015, 09:15 AM
sixtosune
Instructor

Originally Posted by The Greek
Side rant: I'm a huge Sienfeld homer. The ripoff from his show, "Comdeians in cars getting coffee" is corny.
Rant x2... low class and cheesy.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
I miss the GT2.

Tracking it at TH with mooty and friends really made me a believer. It is not a TT with some add ons. It is a GT3 with a turbo and slightly more weight. Best part was cruising back to SF from TH. GT2 is highway king!
I ve probably only put 100 miles on my gt2 since purchasing and even in stock form its too much for street use, i can't imagine needing much more at this time. The first time I took it out i felt my eyeballs couldn't quite focus fast enough.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:07 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ur20v
I think pdk is a muscle relaxer- saves the puckering of the sphincter from missed shifts!

Awesome car and one I would trade to one in a heartbeat if I could find one
LOL on the PDK... How are gt2 prices in Oz? Also how many cars got there? I could never live without a gt3 in my life but the gt2 is a great second course....
Originally Posted by osu s2k
I ve probably only put 100 miles on my gt2 since purchasing and even in stock form its too much for street use, i can't imagine needing much more at this time. The first time I took it out i felt my eyeballs couldn't quite focus fast enough.
LOL who said anything about needing more power?! Too much power is never enough... I will say beyond any power etc... Make sure every GT2 owner changes from the cup sport 1s to te 2s. The car is 150 times better that way.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

What's PDK? Is that some sort of sedative or muscle relaxer?
Originally Posted by osu s2k
Geez, the only car I've driven that had that kind of acceleration was a 300 HP Supercharged Ariel Atom that weighs 1,300 lbs. Now I need to drive a GT2.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sharkster

Thx nick she's fun and I don't think they video was meant to be too serious or anything like that They knew the roads were not going to be good for testing it out in full... Although at least it didn't bite anyone and does actually work. Been daily d'ing her and even in that form she's a breeze to drive European Car did some proper figure 8 testing etc and we've got some other stuff planned. Even on track two journalists spun her
Farrah should stick to idiot proof cars like hopped up Turbos and GT-Rs. Listening to Magnus tell him to stay on the throttle to the meat of the power shows just how inadequate he is as a competent reviewer.

How on earth do they spin it out? With the Guard GT2 diff it's a pussycat, although yours may be spec'ed differently. When Peter did his article on my car in EuroCarMag I told him, "you break it, you buy it."

These cars are the poo. Nothing better in the Porsche lineup for the money. Once you get used to the rate of acceleration and actual speed, the NA Porsches feel like Accords. Especially mine... 😁
Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
Farrah should stick to idiot proof cars like hopped up Turbos and GT-Rs. Listening to Magnus tell him to stay on the throttle to the meat of the power shows just how inadequate he is as a competent reviewer.

How on earth do they spin it out? With the Guard GT2 diff it's a pussycat, although yours may be spec'ed differently. When Peter did his article on my car in EuroCarMag I told him, "you break it, you buy it."

These cars are the poo. Nothing better in the Porsche lineup for the money. Once you get used to the rate of acceleration and actual speed, the NA Porsches feel like Accords. Especially mine... 😁
Built Porsche tough indeed but a lot of the magazine editors are so used to driving the automatic cars these days... they spun coming out of a 2nd gear turn applying throttle too much and too soon Such is life... in other news my wife drove it last weekend and had no problems
Old 05-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Reid55
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Throttle modulation...a foreign concept to some. I like the way Magnus instructed him to drop to third and hammer it in a straight line...and he still immediately short-shifted to 4th. I presume, the Tartan has Scotch guard? :-)
Old 05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Throttle modulation...a foreign concept to some. I like the way Magnus instructed him to drop to third and hammer it in a straight line...and he still immediately short-shifted to 4th. I presume, the Tartan has Scotch guard? :-)
Haha instigator yes, "Don't shift... don't shift.. don't shift...."
Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Reid55
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha, naw. Just poking fun because I get it. Took me a while to get used to the power as well. I joke about the Scotchgard because I took my best friend's wife for a spin once and jumped on it for small stretch. She started making noises then giggled and said, "I my god, I think I might have tinkled a little bit". :-)
Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Sharky, perhaps you should use valet mode for them.

You know, so that they can rev it to rev cut at WOT. And not get scared.

Paddle shift is faster. But real drivers know how to use the clutch, and thus use the paddles better. Problem is, most US auto mag journalists are not good drivers. How can they convey the driving experience when they don't even drive competently?

FYI I use Super Sports 100% of the time now. Track or otherwise. SC off 100% street or track. TC off some of the time on track. Don't really notice it, judicious use of throttle for 300 treadwear tires is better than wearing out the rear PCCB rotors.

Quick Reply: Fun /DRIVE video for GT2 folks;)