Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Clutch Issue - Any thoughts to cause

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

ERP carbon/carbon.

There is a Tilton rally racing clutch that has been used by a few guys. If I decide I need to step up from the 4.0 clutch, that will be my next system.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Rob996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me revive the conversation with a very recent experience very similar to the start of this tread with a 4.0 litre clutch kit installed on a 2010 GT3.2 failing last weekend on the track. My clutch peddle was getting heavier and heavier over the weekend , then finally on Sunday the clutch peddle went right to the floor and stayed there. I pulled it back up with my hand and it was rock hard. I cautiously turned off the car and loaded on my trailer..
The 4.0 litre clutch kit included LWFW, PP, Clutch, Tube, etc.. I had replaced everything as prevention and to solve the shuddering while reversing. What I found was a warped single mass flywheel, with everything else being totally perfect. Nonetheless I changed everything at the time.
Two years later and 25+ track days with very little street mileage later, the clutch fork broke, which in turned caused damage to the PP, TOB, and sleeve. The flywheel and clutch are fine, thank goodness.. IMHO, this is very premature failure, which sounds like the galling effect significantly contributed to the same problem reported earlier.
The car is currently being repaired, however I do have a specific question, what type of tube lubricant are you folks using to help avoid future failures?.

I have pictures below showing the failed parts.
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Yeah this is more or less what happened to my first 40 setup. We replaced everything and then had a bad pressure plate out the box replaced that and it's been fine since. Lots and lots of heavy track use too.

Quick Reply: Clutch Issue - Any thoughts to cause