Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Lots of Suspension - Safety and Brake Mods FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:54 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know how a trustworthy dog can just become part of one's family. When I was in forth grade, we bought a pound dog for $5 and that reliable family dog was still with us when I came back from Vietnam as an Infantry Captain. Only dog we ever had.

Hope yours gets back on all fours soon.

All the best...
Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
I know how a trustworthy dog can just become part of one's family. When I was in forth grade, we bought a pound dog for $5 and that reliable family dog was still with us when I came back from Vietnam as an Infantry Captain. Only dog we ever had.

Hope yours gets back on all fours soon.

All the best...
Yep!...major part of the family. It hurts that she is paralyzed....1 vet says she will not get better...other vet says lets wait a few more weeks. We are meeting with the neurologist on Monday for an opinion.

What also hurts is my neighbor who was a track guy with me...how I brought into this hobby and instructed until he became an instructor turned out to not be much of a friend or stand up guy....zero compassion and help through all of this.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:28 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Sorry to hear about your dog. I don't need any of the parts but would you object if I kick in a few bucks via paypal towards the care of your pup?
Wow...thanks...seriously...however I'm not asking for money but I seriously appreciate the offer. Many have suggest to set up a go fund me account.

I have the $8k I'm into this so far plus selling these mods will help a lot and maybe selling the car will get me free'd up. I was going to sell the car anyway early to mid next year but this problem pushed that up.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:58 AM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
What also hurts is my neighbor who was a track guy with me...how I brought into this hobby and instructed until he became an instructor turned out to not be much of a friend or stand up guy....zero compassion and help through all of this.
That sucks; very disappointing to hear and wrong on many levels. Would expect much better from a fellow dog owner that you helped so much. Any legal recourse?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:58 AM
mdrums
Race Director

OK...finally got most of the parts off the car... GT3 Lower Control Arms coming off today.

I have a buyer for the sway bars with drop links, tow hook and lower control arms that I am supposed to deliver to on Wednesday..ish...Thanks Blue Chip!

Everything else is up for grabs to the 1st serious person to send me money. You can buy in confidence from me...many on these forums know me and or have done business with me.

1st up...GT3 6 piston Calipers...fits 996 GT3 Cup, 997 GT3, 997 Turbo, Carrera Cars (use Turbo rotor to fit due to upright mounts). If you have a GTS I will give you the rotors that came off my car to use these calipers.
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2015, 11:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Next up are RSS Rear Toe Arms complete with Tarett Locking Kit. These arms only saw 3 DE and around 2000 street miles...they are practically NEW.

NEW $585...$390 buyer pays shipping.
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2015, 11:11 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Here is my Bilstein B16 Damptronics Coilovers. Perfect way to maintain PASM and adjust ride height and corner balance your car. These have been the perfect suspension mod for 997 owners like me that street drive a lot and do track and/or auto cross. These have been on my car about 1 year with around 7k miles and 3 DE's....hardly used.

$3295 New...$2300 buyer pays shipping
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 AM
mdrums
Race Director

For all 997.2 Carrera cars....remove that heavy rear muffler and open up the performance and sound a little.

Sharkwerks has the best option going....Crossover pipes that keep the right and left exhaust banks separate like the stock center muffler but removes a lot of rear weight and opens the sound a little.

$895 New.....$550 buyer pays shipping.
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2015, 02:47 PM
upier
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For all 997.2 Carrera cars....remove that heavy rear muffler and open up the performance and sound a little.

Sharkwerks has the best option going....Crossover pipes that keep the right and left exhaust banks separate like the stock center muffler but removes a lot of rear weight and opens the sound a little.

$895 New.....$550 buyer pays shipping.
If the crossover pipes are still available send me a PM. Sorry about your dog.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Sharkwerks pipe sold to upier....thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 10:06 PM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Any improvement in your dog's condition, and has your neighbor ever stepped up to help?

The Motorsport drop links still say pending; I am interested if they are available.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by RedRSA
Any improvement in your dog's condition, and has your neighbor ever stepped up to help?

The Motorsport drop links still say pending; I am interested if they are available.
Blue Chip from these forums semi local to me is supposed to be taking them with sways and LCA's this week.

Thanks for asking about my dog...she is walking in a 4 wheel cart. Still goes to therapy 2-3 times a week and we hope she can gain the fine motor skills to stand and walk on her own. Lots of work, time consuming, canceled vacation,hard to work around work travel but she's part of the family and my wife and I are committed to her. Nothing from the neighbor...guess we were never friends like I though...total scumbag the way he handled this...especially after I ran around for him and stayed with him bought food etc during his kids aptodectemy. Hurts...really hurts
Old 06-02-2015, 08:40 AM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Blue Chip from these forums semi local to me is supposed to be taking them with sways and LCA's this week.
Okay; I could send PayPal today.

Thanks for asking about my dog...she is walking in a 4 wheel cart. Still goes to therapy 2-3 times a week and we hope she can gain the fine motor skills to stand and walk on her own. Lots of work, time consuming, canceled vacation,hard to work around work travel but she's part of the family and my wife and I are committed to her. Nothing from the neighbor...guess we were never friends like I though...total scumbag the way he handled this...especially after I ran around for him and stayed with him bought food etc during his kids aptodectemy. Hurts...really hurts
Good luck with the continued therapy. It is amazing to see the sense of will and determination through recovery. Sorry to hear that your neighbor is such a thankless, heartless and irresponsible dick.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Wheels/Tires
Roll Bar

..........................still for sale....make some offers...thanks!

Last edited by mdrums; 06-07-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Lots of Suspension - Safety and Brake Mods FOR SALE