Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Our GT3 makes Excellence Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015 | 05:44 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Default Our GT3 makes Excellence Magazine

Walked out in the rain to the mailbox, son Chris and I had just driven up and back in our GT3 to South Charlotte to a new Cabela's store, picked up some .22 ammo, nice store. Packed.

The new May Excellence magazine was in the mailbox, and as I came in i flipped to the Market Update section, where folks describe their just purchased Porsche's and the editor offers an opinion as to whether it was "well bought" or "well sold." The feature picture is of our GT3, parked along a rail fence out at a Historic Revolutionary War site, the home and grounds are authentic and were featured in the Mel Gibson movie "The Patriot." Is is about 15 minutes from my home, and I like to shoot my cars there. A few hundred yards into the now woods is where a rag tag group of patriots ambushed a British patrol, and wiped them out, leading to subsequent battles where the Red Coats were chased out of South Carolina.

My car's picture is above the description of the car, and my purchase price, his analysis is "the 2007 GT3 in good condition is worth between $90-$100K, this owner got a great track car for fair market value."

I paid $86K for mine.

I was able to get my former Superformance 427 Cobra in about four magazines and as many catalogues, including the Griot's catalogue. All you have to do is look for some upcoming feature and send in some pictures and and some words related to what they are writing about, or selling, and it works fine.

Family is down now, so corned beef and cabbage, with home made brownies and Key Lime pie, and a selection of beer and bourbon is about to be set out for enjoyment.

all the best....
Old 03-14-2015 | 09:38 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

now thats cool!
Old 03-14-2015 | 11:38 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Cool congrats. I exchanged a few PM's with your son when y'all were looking for the car. We bought ours around the same time.
Old 03-17-2015 | 02:51 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Congrats; how about attaching a picture of your GT3 to your thread? Thanks

Quick Reply: Our GT3 makes Excellence Magazine