Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB .1 RS Right side oem header

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 12:30 AM
porcha monkey
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB .1 RS Right side oem header

Hey guys, looks like my cat internals have loosened up a bit and need to swap it out before pieces get sucked into the engine. Looking for a clean right side only header with good cat.
Thanks!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:15 AM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 179 Likes on 94 Posts

How do you know they've losened up? Just wondering.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 AM
porcha monkey
Rennlist Member

I saw it when i had the exhaust off. The honeycone is basically touching the rear 02 sensor. Unfortunately i just passed the mandatory emission warranty as well. Im going to call porsche today and see if they will help me out
Old 03-16-2015, 10:14 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts

I am experiencing a "rattling" that no one has been able to locate on my 2007 RS. Comes from the rear, hard to be sure which side. Sounds like a clamp on the exhaust is loose, and only seems to be really loud when coldish. I have had it worked on by two dealers looking for something loose, but no luck. Started after I had my plugs changed. I thought maybe the internals of the side muffler were coming loose, but if the cats are self-destructing, that needs to be addressed asap!! Thanks in advance for the advise.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:00 PM
porcha monkey
Rennlist Member

my car has side muffler delete and a cup car center exhaust so it's easy for me to take the center out and look into the cats. I was pretty shocked when i noticed mine had moved. I did try pushing the core back into place but it didn't budge so not sure what exactly happened. I should've taken pics when i had it on the lift, i'll be sure to post pics once i remove it.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:19 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts

Porcha, was there any noise that you noticed to alert you to this? Were any codes being thrown with the cat disintegrating, the second downstream O2 sensor should be throwing a code that the cat is malfunctioning? My tech just told me to check the exhaust flapper valves (they are known for making racket he says), and to disconnect them and see if the noise goes away. If it doesn't stop rattling, the next step would be to pull the side mufflers and see if anything is loose inside (and if so, cut them open and reweld). He said cat failure is very rare on Porsches. Any advise or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Pulled tubes to exhaust flapper valves, noise still there and unchanged. Noise seems to be from driver's side.

Last edited by HarmonyJim; 03-17-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: additions, update
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM
porcha monkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Porcha, was there any noise that you noticed to alert you to this? Were any codes being thrown with the cat disintegrating, the second downstream O2 sensor should be throwing a code that the cat is malfunctioning? My tech just told me to check the exhaust flapper valves (they are known for making racket he says), and to disconnect them and see if the noise goes away. If it doesn't stop rattling, the next step would be to pull the side mufflers and see if anything is loose inside (and if so, cut them open and reweld). He said cat failure is very rare on Porsches. Any advise or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
i actually had recently bought the car and never really drove it so i can't comment on any driveability issues. I found the issue because i was dropping the motor to do some work and looked into the headers and noticed it. My cat isn't disintegrating per se, it's more of the core as a whole has moved inside the header. Sorry i cant be much more help.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:07 AM
porcha monkey
Rennlist Member

Still looking for a header!

Quick Reply: WTB .1 RS Right side oem header