Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Here we go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:44 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Here we go!

Probably not the most exciting thread for you guys since I'm sure you've seen it all before, but this is a pretty exciting thread for me.

As busy as they may be, Platte Forme a.g. (shop that has basically done the work on all my cars in one form or another for about 8 years now) has finally found some time to get started. Sorry for the crappy photos, but here we go!

Gee, one header looks an awful lot shinier than the other....yeap, catalytic converter failure that was thankfully (barely) covered under federal emissions warranty. Thanks to Irwin Merida at Downtown Porsche of Los Angeles for that one!

Anyways, on the agenda:

-Inspect everything, repair or replace anything fishy.
-Oil change because whynaut, right?
-Pin coolant hoses.
-Install Sharkwerks metal coolant fittings (forgot the exact name of it).
-Install Cargraphics front radiator protector screens.
-Install Capital City Motorsports air exit screens (Greg has been positively epic to deal with thus far).
-I'm sure I told PF something that I might have forgotten to write down here.

I'll install TPC Racing DSC unit + accelerometer at a later time, after talking to Tom I'm fairly confident I can do that myself or do it with a friend despite my lack of soldering skills.

And some comic relief....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/464...imulator-o.gif

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-02-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

So the shinier header is the bad cat side? Mike
Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
So the shinier header is the bad cat side? Mike
Correct! I had about a month left under my 8 years/80,000 miles Federal Emissions Warranty (which only covers two components: emissions computer and catalytic converter). I previously had the O2 sensors replaced, wasn't the problem. Even borrowed O2 sensors from another 997.1 GT3 to make sure the new sensors weren't defective. LA Porsche checked it out and covered it under the federal government's warranty.Was about to buy one on eBay, since I didn't want to go aftermarket headers with tune since I haven't gotten over my distrust of aftermarket engine tunes yet.

Last edited by LateBraking; 03-12-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:49 AM
esc911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw your car both times I was over there getting work done on my guards red gt3. I just started going there after a friends rec. They definitely seem like a good shop and I'm pleased with their work.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:08 AM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esc911
I saw your car both times I was over there getting work done on my guards red gt3. I just started going there after a friends rec. They definitely seem like a good shop and I'm pleased with their work.
Oh hey there! Yeah, I recall seeing your car there, I actually sprung for the Cargraphics kit after seeing your car with the radiator screens. Figured it'd be a good idea. Thanks for the flash of inspiration!

I know you got your lines pinned there, what else did you have done if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:08 PM
esc911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
Oh hey there! Yeah, I recall seeing your car there, I actually sprung for the Cargraphics kit after seeing your car with the radiator screens. Figured it'd be a good idea. Thanks for the flash of inspiration!

I know you got your lines pinned there, what else did you have done if you don't mind me asking?
No problem, the radiator screens were already installed when I bought my car. Besides getting the lines pinned, I also had RSS toe links w/ locking plates and dog bones installed. All followed by an alignment and corner balance.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice to get all this done, glad i was able to contribute

Quick Reply: Here we go!