Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What's the real story on headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

PJ's and My headers will soon be available for purchase. 321SS, a header designed to take advantage of the exhaust pulses through both a stepped and long tube setup, and sizes that match the engine's flow. Charles and I partnered up and have just been waiting on the bends to finish and to decide on a muffler design.

We've decided on the design PJ has on his 997.

I'll update when we have the first sets available with a group buy.

Originally Posted by P.J.S.
full custom set up from someone that knows what they are doing and you get power - catless, side muffler delete, and decent weight loss (IIRC from 70 lbs to 28)... just what's pictured below bolted on was 25+ hp without tune... since then the car has morphed into quite a bit more... but I had a similar experience on my previous 996 gt3 by just changing headers back.

is it all worth it?
I think so... car has noticeable power gains and sounds great

If I was forced to run CATs I am not sure I would do anything but a bypass pipe or the side delete... Cats seem to the be culprit in most of the exhaust disappointment scenarios -- failed cats, cats throwing check engine, costly etc....

Old 02-13-2015, 09:46 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Like PJ, Charles made a set for my 996 GT3 and current RS. Time after time, spec'd as you want with consistent gains in HP and TQ. Not just peak numbers.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
PJ's and My headers will soon be available for purchase. 321SS, a header designed to take advantage of the exhaust pulses through both a stepped and long tube setup, and sizes that match the engine's flow. Charles and I partnered up and have just been waiting on the bends to finish and to decide on a muffler design.

We've decided on the design PJ has on his 997.

I'll update when we have the first sets available with a group buy.
That is awesome news Jamie, PJ's exhaust sounds amazing.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:04 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Uber Cars
Like PJ, Charles made a set for my 996 GT3 and current RS. Time after time, spec'd as you want with consistent gains in HP and TQ. Not just peak numbers.
Same here. Everyone loves this exhaust.
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...stainless.html
Old 02-13-2015, 11:26 PM
sixtosune
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 3.2 I have the Cargraphic Powerkit 6 CARP97GT3KIT638 (Equal length headers, center muffler w/ special Ø 70mm exhaust flaps retaining use of original Sport switch, side mufflers delete, OBD2 compliant - Ø 130mm, 200 cell tri-metal cats with special coating) + DME control unit program (MOTP97GT3EXHKIT338) + BMC Filter.

Cargraphic swears by a 31PS/6Nm increase; My seat-of-the-pants feeling says there's actually a dip in torque at around 3.500rpm; other than that, there's definitely a marked, strong power difference all the way up the rev band compared to stock. Flaps closed, sound is deeper than stock but still acceptable for cruising. Flaps open turn the whole thing into a crisp, intoxicating, other-worldly, symphonic experience that keeps me coming back for more. 18 months and 10k Km's driven with this setup and I'm looking fwd to the next 10 years and 90k Km's.

Name:  Header Rigth (1 of 1).jpg
Views: 338
Size:  70.8 KB

Last edited by sixtosune; 02-14-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWE tested extensively before they settled on a design with headers, cats, no side mufflers, no center piece, separate cans a la Cup car. Much
Much lighter and better perf across the board. Check if they're still making it.

Quick Reply: What's the real story on headers