Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

any clean RS for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Mine's clean - as in just washed. Not for sale, however and wouldn't interest you anyhow; lift, miles etc.

I hadn't driven it since early Oct and the battery was toast. Got a new dry cel lithium ion battery for a bargain price (thx Mooty), installed, scrubbed and early this morning I took her up hwy 74. Few things make me feel more alive than driving this car.

Good luck in your search. If you can't find one to bubble wrap, just get one to drive. That's the better deal anyway, IMO.
Beautiful pic Vivian. Your car is gorgeous.

Tal
Old 01-21-2015, 08:42 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

Mine's clean - as in just washed. Not for sale, however and wouldn't interest you anyhow; lift, miles etc.

I hadn't driven it since early Oct and the battery was toast. Got a new dry cel lithium ion battery for a bargain price (thx Mooty), installed, scrubbed and early this morning I took her up hwy 74. Few things make me feel more alive than driving this car.

Good luck in your search. If you can't find one to bubble wrap, just get one to drive. That's the better deal anyway, IMO.
I know the whole world craves for baby blue PTS cars, but black RS is my favorite! Congrats.

Do you happen to have a side profile pic of the car? Want to see how the black CLs look on silver wheels on a black car. TIA.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:28 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

PM me. I can recommend a broker who can locate you one.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:56 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr
I know the whole world craves for baby blue PTS cars, but black RS is my favorite! Congrats.

Do you happen to have a side profile pic of the car? Want to see how the black CLs look on silver wheels on a black car. TIA.
Close enough?

Vivian.
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts

Well done Vivian! I'm jealous sitting here in Chi Town- will be out for the Super Bowl weekend and can't wait to take my 2 up the same stretch!!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:00 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,717 Posts

Irish, that car is spot on tight! Love it!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:04 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 284 Posts

Black 4.0 RS for sale at Sloan. Meets most of your criteria.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Those wheels and uprights tie together and accent the black. Nice result Vivian!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:33 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
so i spent past couple of months researching 2011 GT3 RS in hopes of buying one. i am mostly focused on Grey Black but sadly the cars I am finding all seem to have questionable history: track use, over-revs, multiple owners, carfax showing commercial ownership registrations, etc...
I bought mine almost a year ago and can tell you from personal experience I was very selective like you and ended up with a model with less than 5000 miles. I was making calls all over North America. Expect to pay at least $175k for what you're looking for nowadays. You could get the very same car for under $150k last January. I suspect prices will not go down even with new deliveries of the '15 RS this year --many individuals dreaming to own the 'last mezger/last manual", and many who already own it are not planning on trading in as much as the previous 997.1 generation. As soon as you find what you like get the service history, carfax, DME report and place a downpayment. Fly/drive to the dealership put it up on the hoist, check paint, uneven body panels, hidden repairs, drive it for an hour and buy.

Good luck, I promise it will all be worth it in the end.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
"Front Axle Lifting System"

would also ideally prefer to purchase directly from original first owner...
Lol yeah, that silly front axle lift is a deal-breaker!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:26 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick 930
agree GT3 RS difficult to find, however you can call to this dealer in PR who has a PORCHE 911 GT3 2010 RS EDITION with 9500 miles on it. Call them and find out.

http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UD...nuncio=6667313

btw I'm not affiliated with this dealer, which is about 2 hours away from where I live. also let me know if I can help you getting more info.
is that a TOYOTA dealer all the way in Puerto Rico? thanks, but I think i'll skip
Old 01-22-2015, 12:28 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Black 4.0 RS for sale at Sloan. Meets most of your criteria.
yeah, saw that one... a couple of negatives: not Grey Black, two owners, after market mods

sorry, i am picky...
Old 01-22-2015, 12:30 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Lol yeah, that silly front axle lift is a deal-breaker!
less **** to break 15 years from now when all cars are self-driving, automatic and anything but naturally aspirated
Old 01-22-2015, 12:31 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
I bought mine almost a year ago and can tell you from personal experience I was very selective like you and ended up with a model with less than 5000 miles. I was making calls all over North America. Expect to pay at least $175k for what you're looking for nowadays. You could get the very same car for under $150k last January. I suspect prices will not go down even with new deliveries of the '15 RS this year --many individuals dreaming to own the 'last mezger/last manual", and many who already own it are not planning on trading in as much as the previous 997.1 generation. As soon as you find what you like get the service history, carfax, DME report and place a downpayment. Fly/drive to the dealership put it up on the hoist, check paint, uneven body panels, hidden repairs, drive it for an hour and buy.

Good luck, I promise it will all be worth it in the end.
thanks, that is exactly my strategy... luckily i have time and patience on my side and don't need anything urgently or today...
Old 01-22-2015, 01:04 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Beautiful pic Vivian. Your car is gorgeous.

Thanks Tasman. I still regret missing out on buying your .1RS

Tal
Originally Posted by Cherryblock
Well done Vivian! I'm jealous sitting here in Chi Town- will be out for the Super Bowl weekend and can't wait to take my 2 up the same stretch!!
Cheers Larry. I'm going to Ireland this weekend. Will be back end of Feb. My new 3 will be delivered when I return and I'll be running her up 74 all day, every day for a while to get to break-in miles. Let's drive if you're still in So Cal then.

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Irish, that car is spot on tight! Love it!
Thanks RAudi. I see you're in Arcadia. I just had my "oil changed" (stem cell transplant) at City of Hope. I'm in your 'hood. Let's drive sometime.

Originally Posted by grizfish
Those wheels and uprights tie together and accent the black. Nice result Vivian!

Thank you Grizfish. I can't take credit for the build; I'm the second owner, but I'm very pleased with the look.

Vivian.

Quick Reply: any clean RS for sale?