Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Difficulty installing Rennline Fully Adjustable Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:09 PM
ard
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Difficulty installing Rennline Fully Adjustable Gas Pedal

Problem is that the groove at the bottom of the factory pedal body does not clear the Rennline mounting plate and the opening on the floor when the former is installed on the latter. I made sure there is no interference with any welds on the floor or the J-nut.

Has anybody else had this problem? I am thinking of opening up the groove ever so slightly with a file. I don't want to force the pedal body in place and risk breaking the boss off as I learned a while back that Porsche punishes excessive use of force on its parts with painfully priced replacement parts

FWIW I emailed Rennline a couple of days back about the problem (the phone tree doesn't seem to have an option for Tech Support) but with the holidays they are likely shut down.

Many thanks in advance.

/alex
Old 12-26-2014, 11:36 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds familiar. I recall a little bit of work with a mill bastard file.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 PM
vt10vt
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm understanding correctly but correct me if I'm wrong..

The J nut eliminates the need for the pedal to slide into the slot like factory. So instead of sliding into the groove, the groove just provides clearance for the tab so the whole assembly can sit flat on the floor.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:07 AM
ard
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by vt10vt
I think I'm understanding correctly but correct me if I'm wrong..

The J nut eliminates the need for the pedal to slide into the slot like factory. So instead of sliding into the groove, the groove just provides clearance for the tab so the whole assembly can sit flat on the floor.

Hope that helps!
Yes, you are correct, the factory gas pedal base slides onto the Rennline base plate held down by the J-nut. I had to file down the the BACK of the boss around the standoff on the factory gas pedal base in order to be able to slide the pedal base back into place and have the grove on the back engage with the relief on the backside of the Rennline base plate.

I was a little surprised because a) the Rennline parts appear to be precision manufactured and b) the instructions provided are very detailed, yet notwithstanding the above I had to take this "undocumented" step to make the assembly fit.

I invested in this setup mainly because I find the stock angle of the gas pedal way too steep, when compared to a 993. While driving at low throttle openings, which I find to be the case often in street driving, my foot is articulated too steeply upward, and I find the position uncomfortable. I am a bit surprised because the tub and pedal appear to be the same for all 997.1 cars and I haven't heard this issue discussed broadly. Maybe I have to drive WOT more often

/alex

Quick Reply: Difficulty installing Rennline Fully Adjustable Gas Pedal