Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Torque Solutions Trannsmission mount with carrier

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014 | 07:28 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Default Torque Solutions Trannsmission mount with carrier

Hey all,

I purchased a used tranny mount, removed the broken stock bushings (super common in the mezger 996/997 cars), bought the torque solutions insert bushings (black: the "street version"), and installed everything about 2 months ago.

Long story short, the bushings worked as advertised, but introduced more NVH into the cabin than I wanted. Candidly, I did not notice any increased vibration or noise while driving with the windows down, but with them up, much of my dash and center console buzzed and rattled at anything above 5k rpm so I decided to put the stock unit back in.

Your milage may vary (could have just been my car with the side bypass pipes, etc...), and this would be great for a DE/track car, but it wasn't for me.

Bushings alone typically go for 150.00, and the entire unit is usually 400. For sale (perfect condition) for 200 bucks. The good thing in buying the whole unit is that if you don't like it, you haven't destroyed your stock tranny mount so you can easily go back to stock!

Would be willing to trade or partial trade for any brand rear locking toe links. I thought I would post here before I do a for sale add in the parts for sale forum. thanks.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Torque Solutions Trannsmission mount with carrier