Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Covering all bases

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Chumlee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering all bases

I have built a Cayman GTS that is due to arrive in about 6 weeks or so. Car is just over 90K optioned as the ultimate drivers car. Realizing that what I am about to spend has me questioning something. I have been fortunate enough over the years to have owned some really cool 911s, 86 930, 2k aero kit 996, 07 GT3, and have just sold an 02 pristine turbo. The ultimate one out of the lot was of course the GT3 but at that point in time, it was short lived as I had other priorities, namely racing. Now I ask the question, how close am i in reality to a gen 2 GT3 in price? I went on a bucket list trip last year where I was fortunate enough to have seen the Porsche factory, Nurburgring, Frankfurt auto show, and some other great sites. One of the highlights was playing on the Porsche Test track chasing an instructor in the 997 gen 2 911 and a BASE cayman. We had upwards of almost 1 1/2 hours on track. I was most impressed with the Cayman and thought that if Porsche ever puts a decent motor in one, it would be one serious car to own, hence I ordered the Cayman. Now, I'm saying to myself,"how close am I to a gen 2 GT3"? I know they are completely different cars, crowds, etc. but what is a realistic price for a reasonable 20k mile car? I have had my heart set but could I be close? I would hate to miss out on one. I am interested to hear your thoughts......Chumlee
Old 10-31-2014, 11:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Quick Reply: Covering all bases