Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone else have any issues with this shop RS1?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:29 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else have any issues with this shop RS1?

I'm not one to bash shops or people on the internet or forums. I understand things happen and we are all human and make mistakes. I own a business which is Automotive repair shop and understand customer service is very important and the customer is the one who helps keep our doors open at the end of the day!

I placed a Order over a month ago for a set of Rennline front drop links for my 997.1 GT3 from Rennsport-one or RS1. well after several phone calls, leaving voicemails, several emails, several private messages here on this forum. I get no response, no call back and no item.

Unfortunately I used Paypal and did not realize i sent it as friends and family so i'am not protected to get my money back...My big mistake!! I sent the payment to the person here on this forum known as Justin or JB who i guess works for them. Well he replied to the first couple of private messages here and all he would say is "let me get the tracking info" well of course he never did.

So I'm asking if anyone else has had this issue with this shop? and warning everyone here to take caution when ordering from them or maybe the best is not to buy form them at all!

Feel free to share this on other Porsche forums and other sections here on this forum. This is the only section i post and the only forum i use.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:00 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I purchased a set of wheels from Justin in the spring. They arrived in time, well packaged, no issues.

He posts here under screen name RaceDevelopmentCenter and is a sponsor so you might want to PM him. If you don't get a response PM one of the moderators, they should be able to help you with this as well.

Best of luck!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by ilko
I purchased a set of wheels from Justin in the spring. They arrived in time, well packaged, no issues.

He posts here under screen name RaceDevelopmentCenter and is a sponsor so you might want to PM him. If you don't get a response PM one of the moderators, they should be able to help you with this as well.

Best of luck!
Justin is who i placed the order through and that is the screen name i sent the private messages to.
I will Pm one of the moderators..thank you for the tip!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

BTW, you can still file a dispute with Paypal even if you sent the payment as a friends & family.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:46 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Maybe send a message to Racedevelopmentcenter and see if Justin is one in the same.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:00 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

I ordered side delete pipes from Justin back in August i had them in 3 days. I have gone directly to RS1's website and emailed them and have had no response. Im wondering if they went out of business...lol I have called several times and no one ever answers the phone...goes to a voice mail to leave a message which i have done.

I will try to dispute it through paypal and see.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I know Justin personally and have done business multiple times without issues. It seems weird. They run a shop and support race cars so they may have been very busy. I'm not trying to protect him but just wanted to mention it.

I'm very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant transaction with them, but normally he is not like this...
Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Hope this doesn't go the way of RPW
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by sin911
I know Justin personally and have done business multiple times without issues. It seems weird. They run a shop and support race cars so they may have been very busy. I'm not trying to protect him but just wanted to mention it.

I'm very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant transaction with them, but normally he is not like this...
yes it does seem weird..... I ordered from him before and had no issues also and after ordering the drop links we talked on here a few more days and then after 2 weeks not having the parts yet i sent him a message and he did not respond, it took another message a few days later and that is the last i heard from him. I ordered these parts on Sept 16th. so it has been well over a month.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 PM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Pm sent . Offered 50% discount / refund on links and will send links out. Shop work has had us overwhelmed and this set of links slipped through the cracks. Our primary concern is our client base and we try to please everyone to the best of our ability. This wasn't the case with MikeGT3 so we are offering him a 50% discount for his inconvenience.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Paypal sent and tracking number on links will be posted tomorrow.

You sent $135.00 USD to whitexxxxxx@aol.com ( X'd out Mikes paypal address to protect his Paypal address security )
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Thank you Justin for finally getting back to me! I understand things happen and i stated that in my initial post....Im no the type of person just to start out bad mouthing someone or a business without first exhausting every way i can.

Yes he did refund 50% of the money....I appreciate this but as i stated to him all i want is the parts i paid for. But thank you for this!

I will be deleting this thread soon as i have the tracking number. My main purpose for this thread was hoping someone would contact Justin or he would see this thread and get in contact with me.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Solid move Justin

And solid resolution
Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Impressive way to handle it. Other shops suppliers could learn from this.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:56 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: Anyone else have any issues with this shop RS1?