Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need help from racing seat gurus (middle of sparco evo 2 install)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 729 Likes on 369 Posts
Default Need help from racing seat gurus (middle of sparco evo 2 install)

Hey guys, So I'm proud to say I'm almost through with my sparco evo 2 install. Started off with sparco side mounts, bottom bases, and sparco sliders, and I could get everything to fit, but not in the lowest side mount holes because lowering the seat too much caused the mounts to flare out too much and cause the slider tracks to bind. So I bet the bullet and ditched the sparco sliders and bought a set of used manual 996 sliders. These are soooo much nicer and are appropriately spaced (16 inches apart) so they are more or less in line with the side mounts (i.e., much, much easier to mount and you loose the extra stack height associated with the seat base).

So here is my question, I want to mount the inboard oem seat belt receptacles so they slide with the seat. (like oem). This rules out using a bracket that attaches to the seatbelt to the floorboard or the center tunnel. I know there are BK side mounts that feature an integrated mount, but I'd like to use what I have.

Where have you guys mounted the inboard belt receptacles? With the sparco's there is very little space between the side tunnel/center console and the seat, so whatever option I choose it will have to be fairly low profile. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

BK mount is likely your best bet, I know of no other solution.

You could physically cut hole in slider or side mount and use to steel plates on other side of the hole for reinforcement - use 1/8 inch thick plate or more for safety
Old 10-08-2014, 11:21 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need this:

http://www.stableenergies.com/Brey-K...nfo/BK%2D9005/
Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 AM
waweeks
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep - BK side brackets are the answer.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:24 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 729 Likes on 369 Posts

Doesn't that bk part attach at the rear rail to chassis location? If so it will be stationary and won't slide. I want something that features a mounting point that goes between the side mount and the rail, and from the looks if it this part would need to feature a larger horizontal flange so that the vertical flange will clear the side mount. Right?
Old 10-10-2014, 07:46 PM
TJ Elliott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these on the tunnel side of my seats (Recaro Pole Positions with BK side mounts and Sparco sliders). They mount between the side mount and the top of the sliding rail therefore they move with the seat. Do not mount them between the rail and the floor of they'll be stationary.

Quick Reply: Need help from racing seat gurus (middle of sparco evo 2 install)