Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Winterfest 2015 Roll call

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:47 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

So much fun!!

Huge thanks to the Florida crew for welcoming us with open arms then busting out *****. . Track is awesome and challenging. Night DE was something to experience. It actually helped with learning the track.

Big plug for David Tuaty. Great coach and great guy. Will use him any time I'm out here. Really helped me with the track.

This weekend demonstrates why I love the Rennlist community so much. Great people, great fun, great cars.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:03 PM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Good to see the Left Coasters at Sebring. Lar in his Pana base and Steven/Chris sharing the RS. Weather was very good though a little cold and Windy Thursday. Night driving was a hoot and a big hats off to the Lefters for going out on a track that they had little time on at night.

Peter broke a spindle in the SC towards the end of the 6 hr Enduro so was attempting to drive the Rustang Friday but not having much luck. Word is he will have a new upright and be back on track today for the race.

Peter
Peter Thx again for the lead follow... A little hairy popping the Sebring cherry with all the race cars but it helped having a lead out in the borrowed car )
Great to meet everyone in Trakcar nation... Look fwd to going back!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Good to see the Left Coasters at Sebring. Lar in his Pana base and Steven/Chris sharing the RS. Weather was very good though a little cold and Windy Thursday.
what is Lar driving?

"cold and windy" in FL, what is that 75? :-) It's CHILLY here out on the desert tracks early morning right now, mid 30's. Beautiful during the day.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:48 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
what is Lar driving?

"cold and windy" in FL, what is that 75? :-) It's CHILLY here out on the desert tracks early morning right now, mid 30's. Beautiful during the day.
Base Panamera. 👍
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2015, 01:56 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Farmer, what are the 991 GT3's getting for lap times? I heard there is at least one in Super Solo??
Wish I was there
Old 01-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Base Panamera. 👍
Rented from Hertz? lol....
Old 01-10-2015, 06:58 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
Farmer, what are the 991 GT3's getting for lap times? I heard there is at least one in Super Solo??
Wish I was there
Wish you were here also but I understand why you couldnt make it. Theresa is in SS so maybe she has an idea on the new GT3 lap times.

Peter
Old 01-10-2015, 09:18 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Wish I was there
Drove over today and saw 2 new 991 GT3's but never got to see them on track no idea how good the drivers are....but wow the new 991 GT3 looks good!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

+991 to all that said by ChrisF. I too got some excellent coaching by David. But by far my biggest thrill was blasting around in a Cup car similar (but waaaay better) to my own. Huge props to Stujelly for that!

Oh, and one more thing... Izzone has got to be one of the most awesome drivers I've personally witnessed. He jumped in a 997.2 Cup and spanked everyone else on his first flying lap. OMFG
Old 01-10-2015, 11:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
So much fun!!

Huge thanks to the Florida crew for welcoming us with open arms then busting out *****. . Track is awesome and challenging. Night DE was something to experience. It actually helped with learning the track.

Big plug for David Tuaty. Great coach and great guy. Will use him any time I'm out here. Really helped me with the track.

This weekend demonstrates why I love the Rennlist community so much. Great people, great fun, great cars.
+1, very cool how we meet like minded lunatics through RL aka the asylum. New difficult track to learn plus coach is good combo!

Originally Posted by JCL59
Peter Thx again for the lead follow... A little hairy popping the Sebring cherry with all the race cars but it helped having a lead out in the borrowed car )
Great to meet everyone in Trakcar nation... Look fwd to going back!
Thanks for coming out Joe, keep me posted where Trakcar 3.1 is going..

Wish I was there
Too bad you could not make it, figured this would be the year..
There is one in SS, deacon he has the white with martini stripes, I think he runs 2.25/6 ish.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Rented from Hertz? lol....
We would not do that, its borrowed from a guy who knows a guy.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Drove over today and saw 2 new 991 GT3's but never got to see them on track no idea how good the drivers are....but wow the new 991 GT3 looks good!
They look better in real life, really liked the Silver with silver wheels
Old 01-11-2015, 01:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Sounds like a lot of fun....I might have to get the Cayman shipped out east next year.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:26 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking forward to the videos
Old 01-11-2015, 07:19 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks to Trakcar nation and old DE Cup guys who make this experience a must-do for me. Same sentiments shared by ChrisF and 24chromium.

Re: 991 GT3, I queued up behind Ramone's black car. He is instructor at Sebring. Should have some video for a bit before traffic cut us off. Car is fast out of corners. Walks me every straight: from 7-10, 10-13, 16-17, 17-1. 23's my guess for him there with passenger with Sport Cup 2's. Will ask him if I run into him today.

I did pass a white 991 GT3 on Thurs/Fri in our group, but that was driver difference and not car. 991 GT3 is faster everywhere except I'm not sure about min corner speeds. Faster into turns and faster out. Period.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:24 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1, very cool how we meet like minded lunatics through RL aka the asylum. New difficult track to learn plus coach is good combo!

Too bad you could not make it, figured this would be the year..
There is one in SS, deacon he has the white with martini stripes, I think he runs 2.25/6 ish.
My car made it there but I didn't, oh well there is always next year. I saw the white with martini stripes there last month but didn't get to run with him. Do you still have an Aston curiosity? Have you heard about the Vantage GT3 that's coming? Debut in Geneva.

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Thanks to Trakcar nation and old DE Cup guys who make this experience a must-do for me. Same sentiments shared by ChrisF and 24chromium.

Re: 991 GT3, I queued up behind Ramone's black car. He is instructor at Sebring. Should have some video for a bit before traffic cut us off. Car is fast out of corners. Walks me every straight: from 7-10, 10-13, 16-17, 17-1. 23's my guess for him there with passenger with Sport Cup 2's. Will ask him if I run into him today.

I did pass a white 991 GT3 on Thurs/Fri in our group, but that was driver difference and not car. 991 GT3 is faster everywhere except I'm not sure about min corner speeds. Faster into turns and faster out. Period.
I ran with a couple at Daytona last month...they leave me behind easily on the straight stuff.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
looking forward to the videos
Where were you? You missed out

Originally Posted by SSTHO

see you for Sushi tonight.

My car made it there but I didn't, oh well there is always next year. I saw the white with martini stripes there last month but didn't get to run with him. Do you still have an Aston curiosity? Have you heard about the Vantage GT3 that's coming? Debut in Geneva.

I ran with a couple at Daytona last month...they leave me behind easily on the straight stuff.
Yeah Lindsey, I heard from girlie. Too bad but next time, maybe DM and or 48? You signed up?

Astons are interesting now, for street driving a no brainer over a 911 but for the track its hard to keep them running I think. Cool though, manual and $40K less than a GT3.
On the track the GT3 will run circles around it and most other track cars will be faster.

Quick Reply: Winterfest 2015 Roll call