Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:04 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nice exercise.
but of the 22 posts above only one is correct, post 20.
i spend 15 years compare very very high end stereo equipment and wrote articles for them; comparing minute details trying to find the holy grail... but really if you have to compares cars by saying one has dead LSD, one is better at legal speed, one is build better, one is on wrong tires... you are missing the point. it's really gestalt that matters. if it's right you know it's right. a beautiful woman can be fully clothes, naked, dead, alive, yours or others.. she remains beautiful. a great car is a great car, you feel it. the minute you try to justify, qualify or quantify, they no longer make sense.

drive them, and if none feels RIGHT, sell them, keep buy and sell until your heart tells you that's the right one.
Heed this advice. He speaks the truth. I am struggling with this very thing myself. Going to print out that last sentence and paste all over my house. Mooty needs to have a thought of the day thread here on RL. Maybe title: Musings from Mooty. Do it Mooty---many will subscribe!!!

Mike

Old 07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nice exercise.
but of the 22 posts above only one is correct, post 20.
i spend 15 years compare very very high end stereo equipment and wrote articles for them; comparing minute details trying to find the holy grail... but really if you have to compares cars by saying one has dead LSD, one is better at legal speed, one is build better, one is on wrong tires... you are missing the point. it's really gestalt that matters. if it's right you know it's right. a beautiful woman can be fully clothes, naked, dead, alive, yours or others.. she remains beautiful. a great car is a great car, you feel it. the minute you try to justify, qualify or quantify, they no longer make sense.

drive them, and if none feels RIGHT, sell them, keep buy and sell until your heart tells you that's the right one.

can't argue with this advice

fortunately, I'm there, (for now). i just go about getting to that same place a bit differently.

and thanks for stringing so many easily understood words together!

I'm going for a bike ride.

Last edited by cgfen; 07-15-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I did 18 miles yesterday. 9 up 9 down
repeat fir five days.
then baby sit kids the weekend. they ride two miles and exhausted
I guess tricycle don't go fast
Old 07-15-2014, 12:43 PM
m5trol
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man mooty, you are ****ing hilarious!! What's ****ed up is you come across perfectly sane in real life.

Me? I am sane online (they are watching me!!) but in real life, don't even ask!

Quick Reply: my 993 vs GT3 debate