FS: 2010 GT3 w/ CPO, $98,000 FIRM.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:49 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Love the barn photo!
thank you... we just got the barn refinished and leveled out.. so worked out perfectly.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

What a beautiful car.
Also, I can't believe that your car has not sold yet.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
What a beautiful car.
Also, I can't believe that your car has not sold yet.
it's 110% my mistake, the first week (i assume when everyone looked and then never checked back) i had offers 100/105/108... i tried to obviously pursue the higher offers first and lost the lower offers...

i feel the car is priced beyond well for the market, but the problem is the right eyes seeing the vehicle...
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
it's 110% my mistake, the first week (i assume when everyone looked and then never checked back) i had offers 100/105/108... i tried to obviously pursue the higher offers first and lost the lower offers...

i feel the car is priced beyond well for the market, but the problem is the right eyes seeing the vehicle...
Been there many times. Good solid offers are rare these days and I tend to lean toward those, rather than wait for the offer that may never come. When it's time to sell, it's time to sell.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Longshot: Carmax :-) Do they buy these?

I know its apples and oranges....My 535 sat for a few weeks with minimal activity even though I priced it well below the listed market prices. Carmax bought it for more than I was looking to get for it. 30 minute deal too.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:54 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

I know its apples and oranges....My 535 sat for a few weeks with minimal activity even though I priced it well below the listed market prices. Carmax bought it for more than I was looking to get for it. 30 minute deal too.
Sold my Boss the same way. Worth it to eliminate the fan boys and tire kickers and chizlers

As for the OP I think the mileage is the only thing holding up the sale.

Peter
Old 06-27-2014, 02:27 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spyerx

i've had a few dealers put trade numbers on it, but they are all greedy as can be and most "HAVE" to make 30% on a deal to make it even worth their while (never understood a dealers greed)...

the car is paid for, and my mclaren paperwork is "on hold" till it sells... i'm basically just chasing an extra parking spot and some tax credit on the new purchase... otherwise no real reason to sell or mark it down/trade in cheap.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Sold my Boss the same way. Worth it to eliminate the fan boys and tire kickers and chizlers

As for the OP I think the mileage is the only thing holding up the sale.

Peter

i feel the mileage is the holdup too, yes i could have sold it easier had i not driven around the entire country in it... but i dont buy cars to stare at em... i put 8k miles on my ariel atom in the 3 months i owned it... most dont even have 2k miles on their 10 year old atoms.. LOL
Old 06-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Trade numbers I had on my 535i were 15% less than what carmax offered. They offered just a few K off retail, and better than KBB private party sale. Really. Again, I know its apples and oranges with these cars but if you have one near you it might be worth the 60 minutes.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:37 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i feel the mileage is the holdup too, yes i could have sold it easier had i not driven around the entire country in it... but i dont buy cars to stare at em... i put 8k miles on my ariel atom in the 3 months i owned it... most dont even have 2k miles on their 10 year old atoms.. LOL
+1. I put 98k miles on my turbo in 6-7k years. I'm at 7k miles in 10 months of ownership with the gt3.

And you know what ?

Cars are cars. I love driving. Hence i'm on this forum. Car's are a depreciating asset. Period. Next year something better and faster will be out there. I enjoy it while it still works, not saving it for some guy 50 years from now to enjoy it more then i did.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Cars are cars. I love driving. Hence i'm on this forum. Car's are a depreciating asset. Period. Next year something better and faster will be out there. I enjoy it while it still works, not saving it for some guy 50 years from now to enjoy it more then i did.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:50 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

CarMax was stupid low on my GTS, like $10K less than the dealer wanted to pay to buy it back. CarMax handed me their offer, I looked at it, laughed, handed it back and said no thanks and waited for the right no-haggle buyer who knew what he wanted, saw that the car was as advertised and paid my asking price. Many on RL questioned the mileage and the price. If you can afford to wait, then I say wait, there will always be a buyer for your car.

Also, I find that on RL, non-buyers argue that mileage is not an issue, but time after time we see people buying the low mileage cars. My first reaction to the OP's GT3 was, nice car! Good (not great) price. Then when I saw the miles I thought, wow, that's high miles on a GT3 (because so few are actually driven very much). All of the "bullet proof" blah, blah, blah is no match for the low miles culture I find among most buyers. Sure, for $10K less the car might attract more attention, but the number of actual cash in hand ready to pull the trigger buyers for any of these high priced specialty 911's is very, very small. You're looking for a needle in a haystack. Be patient, unless you are prepared to "give it away."
Old 06-28-2014, 02:41 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Carmax is for Camry's.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:29 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
CarMax was stupid low on my GTS, like $10K less than the dealer wanted to pay to buy it back. CarMax handed me their offer, I looked at it, laughed, handed it back and said no thanks and waited for the right no-haggle buyer who knew what he wanted, saw that the car was as advertised and paid my asking price. Many on RL questioned the mileage and the price. If you can afford to wait, then I say wait, there will always be a buyer for your car.

Also, I find that on RL, non-buyers argue that mileage is not an issue, but time after time we see people buying the low mileage cars. My first reaction to the OP's GT3 was, nice car! Good (not great) price. Then when I saw the miles I thought, wow, that's high miles on a GT3 (because so few are actually driven very much). All of the "bullet proof" blah, blah, blah is no match for the low miles culture I find among most buyers. Sure, for $10K less the car might attract more attention, but the number of actual cash in hand ready to pull the trigger buyers for any of these high priced specialty 911's is very, very small. You're looking for a needle in a haystack. Be patient, unless you are prepared to "give it away."
I was happy to pay up for one with "big" mileage...all 24,000 miles in 4 years! This mileage thing is a joke. Sounds like the Ferrari board...
Old 06-29-2014, 03:29 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

+1 thats exactly what I was thinking

put 38k on my 08 turbo cab

have 31k on my 11 GTS(that includes about 20 track days and its running better than ever)
Old 06-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 725 Likes on 397 Posts

You may want to hang on to the GT3 a bit longer.
I took a 12c for a test drive yesterday and was more than happy to drive my GT3 home. For me, the throttle response, steering and handling were better in the GT3. Throttle response WAY better. The transmission is not as good as the PDK in my Cayman. Even in track mode it seemed slow. Maybe they are right - there is no substitute. Although I'll keep looking.

Quick Reply: FS: 2010 GT3 w/ CPO, $98,000 FIRM.