AIM or Harry's laptimer users wanted for beta test

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:30 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default AIM or Harry's laptimer users wanted for beta test

Hi guys.

You probably remember that nice letter from Porsche stating that you have to replace your center lock nuts after X miles of track usage, the hubs after Y etc? Or you run a race car with parts that time out after a certain amount of hours (drive shafts for instance)?

Well, I am currently finalising a system that allows you to track all this stuff automatically, so you get notified when it is time to open your wallet to get things replaced. All you need is an AIM logger with GPS module (for instance an AIM Solo, or an EVO 4 with GPS, or MXL Pista with GPS), or a mobile phone running Harry's Laptimer (other logging systems will probably follow later), and a Dropbox account. Simply go to the website, register your car, fill out what parts need tracking, what day they were installed and how many miles or hours they can last and off you go.

From a technical point it is all up and running, I am currently getting a nice design and logo to go along with it, but before releasing it to the public I would like some people to help me beta-test it.

I will unfortunately not release this for free (I took me a considerable amount of effort to build the functionality, designers don't work for free and there are recurring costs for hosting etc.) once it is done. It will be a subscription based system, with a small monthly fee.

In return I will provide the people that helped me out with a free lifetime subscription with support for AIM and Harry's laptimer files (unless they change their file format and encrypt it, of course. This is a risk I am taking).

If you want to help, please send me a private message so we can discuss things.

Thanks!

Joris

Before posting this I checked with a moderator and he assured me I am not violating any forum policies by doing this. I posted this in the Cup Cars forum (for the race guys) and in the 997 GT3 forum (for the trackday guys and Karen ). Please be nice to me

Quick Reply: AIM or Harry's laptimer users wanted for beta test