Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Race Parts Warehouse reputable? Conclusion: Bad customer service is too common.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Race Parts Warehouse reputable? Conclusion: Bad customer service is too common.

I think I got the recommendation from the archives to use these guys for a rear brake caliper stud kit.

Ordered on 3/29/14

Told after PayPal charge went through that not in stock and it will be a week to 10 days. Offered cancel&refund or wait. I said I would wait.

4/23/14 - contacted them about order after 3+ weeks and told they were shipped by PMNA so they just needed to receive and re-ship.

Subsequent emails have gone unanswered. I guess I need to call in to see what is going on before getting too worked up but I am pushing 2 months now and am wondering who I am dealing with.

Any experiences here?

Last edited by LooseMarble; 05-28-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

I have never had any issues with Eddie at Race Parts Warehouse. He has called me everytime I've bought something to see how I liked it. Just speaking from personal experience.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:25 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I have never had any issues with Eddie at Race Parts Warehouse. He has called me everytime I've bought something to see how I liked it. Just speaking from personal experience.
Good to hear. Maybe there is a simple explanation?? I'll call tomorrow if I don't get an answer to my latest email. Maybe email is not the way yo go.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

PM M3EvoBR if you haven't. I've ordered a few things from Eddie and got what I ordered each time. Twice, however, there were issues. Once they mixed up shipping between myself and another customer, took me a few weeks to get the part from the other customer as he was traveling, but I did get it OK. Another time shipped wrong item and took a couple weeks to get right item.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
mantruck
Instructor

They took care of me but it did take a while... They sold me something they thought they had in inventory and I had to wait for PMNA. I would buy from them again even though it took a while.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:04 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have ordered in the past. have had a mix up and encountered the same delays in emails etc. but Eddie made good in the end, so I wouldn't worry ultimately
Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 AM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've ordered from before as well and there was also some sort of mix-up/delay on the order but it eventually came.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Follow up for the benefit of the forum:

I received numerous private messages from members who also have been subject to the same practice of collect money but don't ship anything. My issue was $150 or so. Some members are out 5 figure amounts and are still pursuing resolution. Other's PM'd horror stories of how long it took to get parts, constant false promises, misleading or vague information, how they got the wrong parts, or how they eventually had to initiate credit card disputes to recover their losses.

I got a refund today by emailing and calling. No explanation or justification offered from Eddie - just a "sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm glad some of you have good dealings with him but at this point I would recommend to stay away. There is something wrong here. One thing I can't really figure out is why there is not more negative feedback in the forum given the barrage of PMs I received from disgruntled customers. Perhaps it is because many of them have open disputes they are working on.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be smoking too much reefer over there. Yup, I just made an assumption at someone just like someone did me.... Don't ask! That's why I'am Gonzo.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

Sorry to hear. There must be some truth to all that, I guess.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:40 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Call Rhonda at FVD and you will have them in a week. Just sayin.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:34 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble
Follow up for the benefit of the forum:

I received numerous private messages from members who also have been subject to the same practice of collect money but don't ship anything. My issue was $150 or so. Some members are out 5 figure amounts and are still pursuing resolution. Other's PM'd horror stories of how long it took to get parts, constant false promises, misleading or vague information, how they got the wrong parts, or how they eventually had to initiate credit card disputes to recover their losses.

I got a refund today by emailing and calling. No explanation or justification offered from Eddie - just a "sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm glad some of you have good dealings with him but at this point I would recommend to stay away. There is something wrong here. One thing I can't really figure out is why there is not more negative feedback in the forum given the barrage of PMs I received from disgruntled customers. Perhaps it is because many of them have open disputes they are working on.
Methinks its cuz he's a good guy but a bit disorganized. One man show.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 AM
Bernie930
Racer

Then don't try to sell parts at prices cheaper then people who can actually provide you proper service. Lol
Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by RobT 394
Call Rhonda at FVD and you will have them in a week. Just sayin.
Took your advice. What a pleasant lady Rhonda is. It was a pleasure to make that call and have her take the order. Interestingly FVD buys from Porsche Motorsports Germany so they bypass PMNA which seems to be difficult to deal with. They air freight stuff once a week and Rhonda plans to give me detailed updates along the way. I have not gotten anything yet as I just placed the order but I'm very happy so far. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Rhonda is great to work with, IMO.

Quick Reply: Race Parts Warehouse reputable? Conclusion: Bad customer service is too common.