997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

BUYER BEWARE - Cobalt Blue 997 GT3

Old 05-03-2014, 07:15 PM
BeReal
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow...absolutely disgusting any dealer would pull this on a customer...especially considering the work was done in house...

I completely agree with you, this is why we shy away from independent dealers, but looks like it makes no difference really.

I refused a car with an 1800$ carfax blemish when it was sold to me as carfax clean...at a very reputable dealer...found out at the very last minute...got my deposit back immediately...its about the principle...

Best of luck with your situation. Shady business at Westmont Napleton Porsche...
Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really want to screw them, make them take the car back, then call or email carfax with the VIN, PDF copy of repairs and copies of your email interactions with the dealer. I'm sure they'll clean up that "clean" carfax.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

if the selling dealer made the repair, I would have a chat with the owner and GM. then leave the car there send have a counsel send a firm legal letter demanding full refund and energy time wasted.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you guys really think anyone there cares? I just read an article about how VW just redesigned it's website. It claims that it wants to improve customer confidence and overall trust. Maybe they should regulate and manage the dealer network from a bunch of lawless cowboys. Maybe govern them so buying or servicing a car is not a crap shoot of day of the week, day of the month, lack of training etc? Oh yeah, Porsche is part of the VW Group...
Old 05-04-2014, 03:11 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Do you guys really think anyone there cares? I just read an article about how VW just redesigned it's website. It claims that it wants to improve customer confidence and overall trust. Maybe they should regulate and manage the dealer network from a bunch of lawless cowboys. Maybe govern them so buying or servicing a car is not a crap shoot of day of the week, day of the month, lack of training etc? Oh yeah, Porsche is part of the VW Group...
If the dealer fixed the car and didn't disclose it, that's deception, lawyer up! I'm getting tired of people here blaming VW for all of Porsches BS. Porsche is owned by VW AG NOT the VW car company. Porsche is still responsible for the product decisions they make, good or bad. They are responsible for selecting their dealers and overseeing their practices, good or bad. When Porsche make a good decision let's applaud them for it, when the make questionable decisions lets hold THEM responsible and not blame someone else.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a dealer issue not a Porsche issue
PDK in gt3 that catches on fire is a Porsche issue not a dealer issue

Dealer should full refund and sell the repaired car at Manheim and take his lumps
Reputation is worth more than one scalping
Old 05-04-2014, 10:48 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippidy
Just got a response; per dealer, was spun and rubbed a tire wall. No frame/ structure damage and many of the parts were replaced due to pulling the eng & trans for maint. Having a track car I can see some of the items on the PDF fit this explanation. Still NO excuse for not being forthcoming with the info when claiming a clear carfax. If it weren't for the deal and the extras put into the car I would be going nuts.
Thats BS...

I did not see the original AD, what year, how many miles?

CarFax also has some type of guarantee, no?
But anyways, from what I have read I would drop car!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If the repairs were done well and you're happy with the car, see if u can arrange a PPI with an independent shop and if it gets a clean bill of health try to negotiate a lower price on the car and have them take care of the rust spot. If they wont budge on price, then make them take the car back. Best of luck with the situation. It truly is a pretty car.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 AM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by surlynkid
If it does not go thru insurance claim, CarFax stays clean. Sad but true.
I think it depends on the body-shop as the one I use gets the Carfax screen up as soon as they see me walk through the door ! Not sure, but does CarFax pay body-shops for their info (or else why would the shop report it ?). It is not a State law is it ? Fraud is againt the law, isn't it ?

Last edited by C4S993; 05-06-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:45 AM
C4S993
Pro

Originally Posted by Zippidy
If it weren't for the deal and the extras put into the car I would be going nuts.
In future, if you wish to sell, it would be a hard sell. Also, just-sayin, I bought a Ebay CPO 997.1 GT3 from Porsche Exchange Chicago and they did not note a $$$ gearbox issue; but prior owner left the prior p-dealership shop (Texas) papers in glove box that noted a 1st gear original owner complaint. Anyway, after complaining to PCA the P-dealer near me (Autohaus, Pa), installed a new $12k box (at no charge even though they didn't sell me the car). Bottom line, honesty is dealer dependent; and perhaps State as well ?
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

^ Carfax pays for it
Old 05-06-2014, 11:42 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C4S993
I think it depends on the body-shop as the one I use gets the Carfax screen up as soon as they see me walk through the door ! Not sure, but does CarFax pay body-shops for their info (or else why would the shop report it ?). It is not a State law is it ? Fraud is againt the law, isn't it ?
I have paid cash every single time my truck has been in the body shop, does it's carfax come up clean? Of course it does. Does that mean I leave out what kind of history my truck has? No. Does that mean I've not told my insurance company about it so I don't get railroaded with their nonsense? Yes.

Originally Posted by malmasri
^ Carfax pays for it
If that was the case, everybody and their mother would be opening body shops if CarFax paid for information that comes out of body shops. Insurance related jobs in body shops pay the bills, not restorations.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
gofor28off
Racer

bergx7, I have sent you a PM. Thx,
Old 10-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he had asked the dealer prior to the purchase if the car had been in an accident, I wonder if the dealer would have been up front.
I make it a point to ask whoever I'm buying a vehicle from, if to their knowledge the car has been in an accident or damaged in any way.
Now, I might bring in a written document and have them sign it before any purchase.
Hope it works out for you.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if you find a 7.1gt3 less than $80 with < 20000 miles, i am pretty certian the car has history. or the seller is a moron.
Don't hold back here!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE - Cobalt Blue 997 GT3