Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Orange GT3RS For Sale on cars.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Prices will come down a bit. Not much,but just enough so that us hard working people will be able to afford them. Mooty told me in secrecy...ups. This is especially true once Volkswagen 991GTS(3) and Rabbit S start roaming the streets. These 2 will become the cars of " the people " used in daily commuting around the Globe.

And HERE HERE for Andreas Preuninger for the past cars he created! I wonder what he's up to these days...I believe he's not in charge of the now famous communications department( " Flappy paddles are for grandmas"-FAIL, " Shut up and drive! "-FAIL).
There's actually a rumor going around that VW had him go back in time using their newly invented time machine and completely changed his statements on camera. Doing a search on YouTube verifies this rumor. He now states : " Flappy paddles are groundbreaking " and " Shut up,it will take a while "

Last edited by neanicu; 05-07-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:32 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

I wonder what ever happened to these cars? Can't remember the Rennlister's name, but he bought one of each back in 2007 and put them away in a warehouse. I thought that was cool and must have saved the pic on my hardrive 6 years ago where I just uncovered it. I'd say that now is the time to sell, but given that these cars are basically new so the longer the old the more they are worth I suppose!
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
dwishen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
I wonder what ever happened to these cars? Can't remember the Rennlister's name, but he bought one of each back in 2007 and put them away in a warehouse. I thought that was cool and must have saved the pic on my hardrive 6 years ago where I just uncovered it. I'd say that now is the time to sell, but given that these cars are basically new so the longer the old the more they are worth I suppose!
spg993tt on one of the forums.

think they moved through quickly. had all black as well.

also GT1, f40, f50, 288, etc.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Originally Posted by D-WISH
spg993tt on one of the forums.

think they moved through quickly. had all black as well.

also GT1, f40, f50, 288, etc.
Thats the guy! Cool collection while it lasted!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
If each car was not used and left in bubble, Id say they could fetch their Sticker price today....

Not sure how many years it would take to surpass their MRSP price?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Who cares

You are either a driver.

Or a collector.

You decide.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
Who cares

You are either a driver.

Or a collector.

You decide.
I prefer driving over collecting
Old 05-08-2014, 12:44 AM
993Brendan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
I prefer driving over collecting
Me as well. Car had 14k when I bought it in November and now has 18k. Can't pass on an opportunity to drive it unless it's to drive the 993.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:35 PM
whirlpool
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 gt3rs

Amazing comments. I could have written those myself. I also have the 997.1 orange gt3rs and cant believe how they simply "got it right". Looking now at the 991 and the unstoppable quest for technology based perfection, one wonders, why?
It is simple marketing to sell more cars and to reach the impossible 0-100 numbers.the 997.1 gt3rs will stand as the last car porsche built in manual, without a big entertainment/nav screen cluttering an otherwise bare bones dash. I love the simplicity, perfection and precision and the hard edged brute force of the car. I also will simply not sell this beauty. It is the only porsche which I get asked regularly to "please sell it to me" even by the local porsche dealer
Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I drove my RS for the first time today since Sebring Winterfest January 2014.
Number decals still on the windows...

It started right up, no smoke, and this time no oil leak during winter hibernation?! Yay!

I drove the car around the neighbourhood and later to pick up a Pizza. I was in 911 heaven during the commute

The car really delivers the goods as a track toy and street car. With a simple exhaust and a track focused suspension it feels like a highly tuned hot rod 911. Really it is just a stock motor car with GT2 seats and OEM roll bar. But man, it is just so damn cool to drive! The GT3 motor sings and it makes for a great power band delivery unmatched in the Carreras or GTS models.

I own a couple of 993's and although they are really fun and true to the 911, they lack the bad *** personality of the GT3. The air cooled boys really have to experience the GT3.

People are paying big bucks nowadays for backdates, 964 RSA's, air cooled turbos and 1965-1973 911s.
I think the GT3 is now amongst these legendary Porsches and people are realizing it.
Prices are going crazy but in retrospect, when compared to the "vintage" $100k+ air cooled turbos and air cooled RS models the late model 997.1 and 997.2 GT3s should be considered bargins are their current prices. They require no restoration, no real tuning or major work. Just gas.

The experience offered in a 997 series GT3 is as good as any other high end collector 911 to date IMO.
With No rattles, no squeaks.

I have owned a 997RS since 2009 and even now i am beginning to have awhole new found appreciation for what the car is. It is that good. I never took it for granted before, but now Im realizing I have something really special here that will go down in the history books as being part of a legendary 911 era.

I found myself looking for long nose 911s, 964s and 993 when really everything I could ever want is in a GT3.... I should be looking for more GT3s
I could honestly sell every car I have in my collection (muscle cars, hot rods etc) and be happy with just one GT3.

Prices are not going to get any better any time soon folks....

Now, Gimmie a green 997.1RS to go with my Orange RS and im done.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whirlpool
Amazing comments. I could have written those myself. I also have the 997.1 orange gt3rs and cant believe how they simply "got it right". Looking now at the 991 and the unstoppable quest for technology based perfection, one wonders, why?
It is simple marketing to sell more cars and to reach the impossible 0-100 numbers.the 997.1 gt3rs will stand as the last car porsche built in manual, without a big entertainment/nav screen cluttering an otherwise bare bones dash. I love the simplicity, perfection and precision and the hard edged brute force of the car. I also will simply not sell this beauty. It is the only porsche which I get asked regularly to "please sell it to me" even by the local porsche dealer
If you think these cars are fun to drive stock, you will have a huge awakening if you ever have the pleasure to drive one of sharkwerks 3.9's! Talk about making something good even better

Quick Reply: Orange GT3RS For Sale on cars.com