Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tips/Tricks in removing oem carbon buckets (to replace rails)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Tips/Tricks in removing oem carbon buckets (to replace rails)

FINALLY got my lower seat brackets for the 997.2, the system re-uses the factory sliders but just replaces the upright brackets... curious if their is a quick/easy way to just sliding the seat up and off the current or i'll have to full remove/swap/replace..

i also assume for the airbags it's recommended to disconnect the negative terminal on battery and obviously do not reconnect till seats back in and such or is this overkill?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

You'll have to remove the seats as the bolts on the tunnel side of the transmission would be tough to get too. Plus while you have the seats out you can vacuum up any dirt there.

I think if you unplug the battery the airbag light will automatically go off. Maybe just keep the car off? My airbag light was already on. Used a duramtric pro to clear it.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:28 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

i like the thought about vacuuming.. i'm a little ocd so im sure ill find some dirt in there.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Got HP
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When you remove the driver's side seat, make sure you have someone in the passenger side holding up the seat. You have to disconnect the connector under the seats and it is much easier with help. Also its almost impossible to remove the driver side seat alone due to the steering wheel etc. The seat rails are very sharp and can easily scratch things along the way!

Sorry if I am posting the obvious!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Unbolt seats, yank off cords, turn car over and shake. Seats will fall out on floor.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

learned today no need to remove the seats from car... u can loosen the rails from floor.. then slide seat left to get inside bolts.. and right to get outside... never needing to remove the SRS plugs or anything...

Quick Reply: Tips/Tricks in removing oem carbon buckets (to replace rails)