Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:59 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yup.

I'll keep the 2 A/C running so we can use the trailer as our clubhouse.
i tried your AC. i think you need 8 AC to get it cold.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Fantastic day! More track time than I knew what to do with. I laid down a personal best, to boot. My only complaint could be that I didn't have a rabbit to chase.
Originally Posted by Spyerx
I need another car to keep up north....
all the cool kids do...
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM
longhua
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the track day all, it was awesome driving with zero traffic and minimal downtime. Please let us know when the next one is as I'm not sure we can go back to regular trackdays anymore...
Old 06-05-2014, 01:56 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the track day was a blast.

spm puts on the best track days + track support + towing to/from.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:34 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by longhua
Thanks for the track day all, it was awesome driving with zero traffic and minimal downtime. Please let us know when the next one is as I'm not sure we can go back to regular trackdays anymore...
were u in a gray 7.2 gt
Old 06-05-2014, 05:02 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Thanks Mooty for setting up the event! Came all the way from SoCal and it was well worth it. I tried to break the sub 2:00 but couldn't do it... had plenty of open track to try but need better driver! I'll have to go back up at some point to try again. I think I can carry more speed going through the bypass but couldn't build enough confidence there, corner is totally blind going over the crest... and let's not talk about the harsh bump right on the other side! Tried taking T9 in 2nd and 3rd, still not sure which one is best, I felt torque was not enough in 3rd but things get busy there to go 4-2 in the braking zone before T9. Also felt like I was always overbraking going in T10, the slight banking there let's you carry quite some speed.

Everybody I talked to was super nice, really good group of people to run with. Looking forward to make it to another day like this!

Here's a fun lap on my scrubs chasing my friend in his blue M3
Old 06-05-2014, 05:10 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,725 Likes on 1,825 Posts

sorry had to go to work - otherwise I would've joined everyone - private track days are awesome - what was the new personal best?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,725 Likes on 1,825 Posts

1:52 - wow - just wow - I have a _LOT_ of work to do!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:35 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ti-jean
Thanks Mooty for setting up the event! Came all the way from SoCal and it was well worth it. I tried to break the sub 2:00 but couldn't do it... had plenty of open track to try but need better driver! I'll have to go back up at some point to try again. I think I can carry more speed going through the bypass but couldn't build enough confidence there, corner is totally blind going over the crest... and let's not talk about the harsh bump right on the other side! Tried taking T9 in 2nd and 3rd, still not sure which one is best, I felt torque was not enough in 3rd but things get busy there to go 4-2 in the braking zone before T9. Also felt like I was always overbraking going in T10, the slight banking there let's you carry quite some speed.

Everybody I talked to was super nice, really good group of people to run with. Looking forward to make it to another day like this!

Here's a fun lap on my scrubs chasing my friend in his blue M3
T9 is a 3rd gear turn- just slight tap brake early apex(need some *****- u flair to outer edge of berm on rt side exit. Only area if u not up to speed into 2nd gear is t10 and t14. T5 bypass is fun- stay far left slight lift at crest then wot thereafter making sure u nail direction of car on rt side berm- its wot from crest to entry into t6 if u nail that right side berm at exit of t5 down the hill. mike
Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Now if u trying to pass at exit of t5 bypass stay 3/4 left that flair u out left for pass towards entry toward t6. Mike
Old 06-05-2014, 06:13 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
T9 is a 3rd gear turn- just slight tap brake early apex(need some *****- u flair to outer edge of berm on rt side exit. Only area if u not up to speed into 2nd gear is t10 and t14. T5 bypass is fun- stay far left slight lift at crest then wot thereafter making sure u nail direction of car on rt side berm- its wot from crest to entry into t6 if u nail that right side berm at exit of t5 down the hill. mike
Now if u trying to pass at exit of t5 bypass stay 3/4 left that flair u out left for pass towards entry toward t6. Mike
Thanks for inputs T5 Bypass with no brakes sounds crazy to me. It felt like I could carry more speed but it's tough to point the car right as we don't see anything there. I can see myself flying off the track easily if not pointed right, plus the car takes some time to settle on the other side with the road imperfections.

Any video out there of GT3 with data overlay that I can see how it's done?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ti-jean
Thanks for inputs T5 Bypass with no brakes sounds crazy to me. It felt like I could carry more speed but it's tough to point the car right as we don't see anything there. I can see myself flying off the track easily if not pointed right, plus the car takes some time to settle on the other side with the road imperfections.

Any video out there of GT3 with data overlay that I can see how it's done?

Thanks!
Follow mooty...Scary **** i tell you..

I followed him into T5. I usually tap brakes to settle speed at 65 or 75mph - don't recall- anyways ... Mooty does NOT tap brakes- he just went and I was like OKAY i'll follow.. #$#$@#$@#$ fk me sideways. I ****ted my pants. Never follow mooty there again.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Follow mooty...Scary **** i tell you..

I followed him into T5. I usually tap brakes to settle speed at 65 or 75mph - don't recall- anyways ... Mooty does NOT tap brakes- he just went and I was like OKAY i'll follow.. #$#$@#$@#$ fk me sideways. I ****ted my pants. Never follow mooty there again.
Exactly what scared me there. You have to go over the crest knowing you're pointing correctly... if you're not, by the time you realize on the other side it's too late to make corrections and, well, you go sideways trying to make it!!! I need to find a fixed reference point of some sort next time I'm out there. Kind of similar to T9 where you can use the water tower as a guide for the line.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

^its a safe spot though if u don't point it correctly. Just go straight into grass. No harm other than an oopsy. The part is when u lift at crest is when your car feels floaty but as soon as u apply gas very planted and car is easy to rotate once you're on the gas and keep it on gas and turn. If u lift- u spin for sure. Not much of any of a reference point on t5 bypass but as long as u are 3/4 to left or full left you make turn. If u go in say middle u have to feather throttle thru the turn instead of going wot. Mike
Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

^its a safe spot though if u don't point it correctly. Just go straight into grass. No harm other than an oopsy. The part is when u lift at crest is when your car feels floaty but as soon as u apply gas very planted and car is easy to rotate once you're on the gas and keep it on gas and turn. If u lift- u spin for sure. Not much of any of a reference point on t5 bypass but as long as u are 3/4 to left or full left you make turn. If u go in say middle u have to feather throttle thru the turn instead of going wot. Mike
Makes sense and you're right, it looks pretty safe there. I probably got too intimidated by the tire marks on the grass. Can't wait to go back up there and try it. I think if I can master going there wot, that alone will get me sub 2:00

Quick Reply: Private Trk Day at T Hill 6/3/14