Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:47 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts
Cool GT3 related.....Autocheck/Carfax Rant

I am continually baffled at how much stock people put in Carfax and Autocheck. While their information is helpful, the Carfax 'Price Adjustment' and the Autocheck 'Score' is absolutely ridiculous.

Case in point:
GT3 on Ebay

Autocheck score is 94, which is 'above range', even though the report has a front-end collision with airbag deployment.

Makes zero sense. I'm continually finding errors in vehicle history reports, and I don't know what qualifies a computer algorithm to make an opinion of value. Maybe so on normal cars, but on specialty cars it can be quite humorous.
I've seen a Carfax price adjustment that said a $200k Ferrari was worth $10 above retail book value. Ha.

/Rant.
Happy National Beer Day.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carfax and Autocheck have changed the way we do business.....

I have no problem with the disclosure... The problem is there is no dollar amount of the repair...

So we never retail a car or truck that has a Carfax or Autocheck....

So if grandma scrapes her 10k mile 8 year old car backing out of the garage it's not put on the lot......

So many nice cars that can't find homes because of that....

They need to disclose the dollar amount of of the claim.......................

Quick Reply: GT3 related.....Autocheck/Carfax Rant