Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

DIY for Removing Front Bumper Cover 997.2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY for Removing Front Bumper Cover 997.2?

Has anyone got one they can share/link? I know how to remove a 996 turbo front cover and looking at it, it appears to be very similar. I'm just not sure where to disconnect the LEDs, headlight washers and don't know if you need to remove the headlights out first?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Headlight stay in

Washer nipple plum to driver side front wheel well

Make sure to remove spring clip by boot
Old 04-06-2014, 01:08 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by Izzone

Make sure to remove spring clip by boot
Thanks. What do you mean by this ^
Old 04-06-2014, 04:11 AM
cunno
Advanced

Have you seen this?

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album430
Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by cunno
No I hadn't, so thanks. It looks like you have to remove the front indicators from the bar, the link above isn't clear how this is done.

Any clues on this?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 AM
snk
AutoX

This post right here on this forum was very helpful when I put in my Rennline mesh inserts.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...r-removal.html

It doesn't cover removal of the headlight washer nozzles, however, so you will need to deal with those before the bumper cover will come off completely. I also had to unplug the wiring harness going to the turn signal indicators. These bumper covers have a sh*tload of screws!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

It was pretty straight forward to do if you have done a 996 before. You disconnect the indicators in the bumper bars by disconnecting the plugs behind the front wheel arch liners on both sides. The windscreen washer pipe is disconnected by removing the blue plastic locking clip behind the indicator in the left hand wheel arch and then pull the two ends apart.

Remove the sliding clamps that sit in front of the headlights and the cover slides straight off. If you are removing the indicators from the bar, a tip is to unclip the washer nozzles off the back of the indicators by squeezing either side of a horse-show clamp and slide the nozzle down out of the bar and then you can remove the indicators easily. You leave the indicators in the bar when you slide it off, the indicators on the MKII can not be removed from the outside.

I had a bit of debris in around the radiators so I vacuumed it all out. Rocks also get thrown up inside the wheel arch and must land in the back of the radiator housing where the fans are, so vaccum the backs of your radiator areas too.

Lastly I found that the screws that hold the mesh in the air outlet at the top of the bumper bar were coming loose through what I presume to be vibration. So check these while you have it off.

Quick Reply: DIY for Removing Front Bumper Cover 997.2?