Regular/Seasonal Track Maintenance Checklist for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:09 PM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Regular/Seasonal Track Maintenance Checklist for GT3

Hi-

Was discussing this with a pro driver coach the other day-- lamenting how when I ran 944's I knew what the maintenance checklist was for the car. Given that track use causes more wear & tear on the car-- some parts subject to fatigue--it's nice to have a schedule to work from. Example: rod bearings were good for about 40 hours of track use, timing belts & water replacement every other year, replaced lower control arms with reinforced aftermarket ones since factory ones would fatigue and fail without warning, etc.

Is there such a list for GT3's that are regularly tracked? I'm still learning-- finding bits and pieces of info-- might be valuable if we had a list of items to check and/or replace on a scheduled basis.

Not just the Factory "service checklist" but also know weak points to check, fluid change intervals, etc. Would make planning service & track prep more structured and planned-- rather than the "school of hard knocks" by learning about failures when they happen.

Appreciate the input. Would be willing to compile whatever input coems forward and put into a document format for everyone's benefit.

thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

GT3 stuff would be typical.

Alignment along with Nut and bolt check of suspension and brake parts. (stock calliper bolts can wear with multiple pad changes therefore make sure they are ok and if not replace with nuts and studs from cup car).
Pad and disc inspection.
Wheel bearing inspection.

GT3 street car is pretty robust.
Axles are decent along with everything else except the the Coolant pipe fittings which are known to fail with time and excessive heat. That would be the only item really worth worrying about.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ +1
This is my chore list before track day. Im a paranoid person so...- on top of what tcsracing stated.
Fresh motor oil every 6 days/ gear oil 10-12 days
Good brake fluid like Endless or SRF - or whatever you are using - bleed them. Check brake pad/rotor life.
Alignment, suspension nuts/bolts

coolant pipe is one of those things that should be done eventually for peace of mind. Esp on higher milage .1 Havent heard .2 failure.

Check wheel studs/nuts, or if using oem bolt style, just check the threads. - i carry few extra to the track just in case.

hmm what else... oh.. i make sure i clean the car nicely so it looks nice on the track =) some day im follish but part of the joy.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Coolant reservoir caps seem to be a consumable as well, I replaced one and now need another... Not such a big deal, just makes a bit of a mess...

Quick Reply: Regular/Seasonal Track Maintenance Checklist for GT3