Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where can I upgrade my 997.1 GT2 bumper to fit the 997.2 taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:42 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Where can I upgrade my 997.1 GT2 bumper to fit the 997.2 taillights?

Hey there,

Where can I get the revised GT2 bumper for the 997.2 tails?

I noticed a thread from a while ago giving a link to this:

http://www.oakleydesign.eu/porsche-9...-1-rear-bumper

Not sure if it's reputable or whether the product is available. Anyone know of a shop in US/Canada that has this bumper for the newer taillights available?

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It still says under development. Which tells me there wasnt enough interest in it. Call, maybe they have a prototype they're willing to sell you. Personally, I'd just get the OEM GT2RS rear bumper so you can use the 997.2 tail lights
Old 03-15-2014, 06:15 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It still says under development. Which tells me there wasnt enough interest in it. Call, maybe they have a prototype they're willing to sell you. Personally, I'd just get the OEM GT2RS rear bumper so you can use the 997.2 tail lights
There's something about the rear RS bumper that I don't find aesthetically pleasing as I do the standard GT2. I just want the taillights, but I'm guessing that will be nearly impossible to do. Sounds like a custom moulding job or something. I'm guessing the rear bumper doesn't exist.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a option of don't want to change the Bumper but just upgrade the Tail lights to LED
Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MikejGT3
this is a option of don't want to change the Bumper but just upgrade the Tail lights to LED
Porsche Carerra Turbo GT2 GT3 997 911 LED Tail Light Conversion Unboxing Video - YouTube
I've seen that video a few months ago. I was just about to ask about swapping the tailights with these instead and save on the bumper. Are these the highest quality LED taillights available? Any issues with bulb check/error codes on an 09 model?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM
MikejGT3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure....as i have just recently purchased my first porsche .1 GT3 and still waiting on the car to get here...but if i decided to upgrade the Tails to LED i was going to do more research on these or get the .2 GT3 bumper and LED tails. You maybe be able to give them a call..they have a website http://www.al-eds.com and maybe they can give you more info or maybe someone will chime in that has done this. You may be able to find a higher quality LED tail on the market, but unfortunately with all other cars i have modified it seems like all the LED Tails are being built in Asia...im going to check another site to see if they offer some..i know these guys sell quality parts....will let you know
Old 03-15-2014, 08:02 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Anyone know which of these LED taillights are the highest quality? Seems like theres three(?) different ones out there.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:33 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Dectane taillights look great, minus the "c" lighting up when braking instead of the entire taillight. I would go that route over replacing the bumper.

Quick Reply: Where can I upgrade my 997.1 GT2 bumper to fit the 997.2 taillights?