Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Her name is Violet...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:02 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get them in black and make all the gold black, you'll have one seriously sinister car.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Stunning. What's the paint code/name?
The color is Vesuvio Metallic with gold trim.

Originally Posted by zip465
So... Did Lar move to something else
Not sure, he may be waiting for a 991 GT3 RS that doesn't suffer from self combustion problems...

Originally Posted by kormaster
Love the color and new wheels.
Thanks, the silver wheels are a nice contrast for the darker color.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drl
You are gonna make lar cry, posting pics like that
Nah, I'm sure he either has moved on to bigger and better or will soon. Neither way, he knows that the car is in good hands and won't turn into a garage queen.

Originally Posted by maomao911
I bet it will look even better without the decals and some more CF accents to match the rear wing.
I was thinking about changing it up and maybe taking the decals off. What exterior CF accents would look good on the car?

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Wow, just amazing. Is that Vesuvio?
Yes sir, Vesuvio Metallic to be exact.

Originally Posted by Protocav
Awesome setup Martin. The wheels look excellent. Car looks very low, do you know the ride heights?

See you at streets this weekend?
Thanks man, Darin at West End adjusted the height a bit when he corner balanced the car last week. I don't know the ride heights but I will have GSR measure when I drop the car off before heading out to the track in March.

Not a big fan of Streets of Willow...I'm heading out to Chuckwalla on March 8/9 with POC...you guys should come out there.

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
That is a unicorn if I ever saw one - WOW
Yup, she's a one-of-a-kind PTS of all 997 GT3s. The blue ones are hot, but Violet has a subtle classy sexy to her.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by X2daC
Get them in black and make all the gold black, you'll have one seriously sinister car.
I was actually looking at either the silver and the titanium but decided that the silver would be look the best and match the uprights and 6pt harness. I might get the end plates, mirrors, and front bumper inlet wrapped in the same silver color if I take the decals off.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Right on usc, will be at chuckwalla 3/8-9 and want to see this paint in person! Cheers
Old 02-18-2014, 02:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,691 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by rnh204
Beautiful!

Working thru my own 5-lug conversion.
the conversion is not really a DIY, not for faint of heart!

[QUOTE=usctrojanGT3;11142687]She turned out nice with the wash and detail. I had some OEM 997.1 RS wheels but was looking for some street wheels with a bit more edge and these hit the mark.

Originally Posted by rnh204
Ahhh, so you had your eye on her as well? I first saw her when I went up to Thunderhill last Labor Weekend. I told myself if she comes up for sale, I'll make a run for her. So then out of the blue Mooty says she'll be on the market and I decided to make the move. One of the best car purchase of my life.
reter should have put his name on my list. then wait for my out of the blue phone calls when stuff are for sale ;-)

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Love that color combo. I had those wheels in black on my carrera and they look great, really like them. Look even better on your RS.

I spent the day detailing my RS -AND- my wife's filthy Mini. Learned I 'really' like sonax for cleaning wheels, holy crap does it work well on the fikses. Well detailing is probably going too far (no clay or rupes involved), wash, interior detail, quick wax, remove track rubber from mine. Also did a pad swap, nut/bolt check, cleaned the wheel wells of desert pebbles, and brake bleed. Busy day. Getting old, used to be able to fully wash/wax/detail all 3 of my cars in a day, now 2 and I'm wiped. Time for a beer.
one only day and two cars? it took me 39 hours on my 996gt3. did you take out the pads and wax them? make sure you compound the brake calipers and use silver polish on the control arms.

Stunning. What's the paint code/name?
vesuvio metallic in foreign language
eggplant in english
barney in kiddish

Originally Posted by zip465
So... Did Lar move to something else
something heavier.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

USC Has an aversion to streets. I'll be there next weekend trying to keep out the dirt and at chuckwalla with poc in early march.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not a big fan of Streets of Willow...I'm heading out to Chuckwalla on March 8/9 with POC...you guys should come out there.
Right on usc, will be at chuckwalla 3/8-9 and want to see this paint in person! Cheers
Dammit I knew I forgot a step after I was done polishing the plastic on the under carriage pans and using my sonicare toothbrush on the engine case. Don't tell wife about that last part.

Originally Posted by mooty
39 hours on my 996gt3. did you take out the pads and wax them? make sure you compound the brake calipers and use silver polish on the control arms
Old 02-18-2014, 03:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,691 Likes on 2,339 Posts

i only use my kids sonic care.
1. smaller, reaches more crevices
2. kids already lost 75% of teeth, why keep brushing. let them rot and wait for new one to come out. i myself waiting for my 3rd set of teeth.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 AM
maomao911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

I was thinking about changing it up and maybe taking the decals off. What exterior CF accents would look good on the car?

I guess you can do the CF mirrors easily. I would also do the lip spoiler in CF, but it will not be very practical.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 AM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazing looking car and absolutely love the wheels! I wonder why these and the BBS RE centerlock look exactly the same with the only difference being 5lug vs centerlock and yet the centerlock versions are so much lighter... 18 lbs front and 20 lbs rear...
Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to see she stayed in the family!
congrats and.........'keep'.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooo I love versuvio ! One of my favorite color on the 993, and looks absolutely gorgeous on a gt3!

Btw , I assume u r a fellow Trojan with that name. Fight On!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:49 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very nice, always liked that car.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 AM
dawgdog
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope to see your car someday. Beautiful!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:46 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

rare. Love it.
change your sig to something controversial like "I love you You love me. We're a happy family..."

Whats your brake set up?

Quick Reply: Her name is Violet...