Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

MovIt Brakes Limited Time Group Buy offer on Replacement PCCB Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Akara1
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Can you please pm me pricing for replacement rotors for a 997.1 RS with PCCB?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:51 AM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rarely comment on dealings with suppliers, either on RL or elsewhere

I simply vote with my feet and walk away if the experience is poor, and certainly will tell anyone who asks what I think

But I vote with my hard earned when the experience is great or excellent but again rarely give comment unless asked or see a need

In the case of MovIt USA and Guido at the parent company in Europe I can honestly say that I have had the most positive experience.

I bought a set of MovIt Rotors and pads while the company was in transition and never felt that I was receiving anything but the truth in respect to delivery of my ordered components.

Beyond that Tom of the MovIT USA group was very active in sourcing other components for me and subsequently consolidating the whole order.

For me he is a valued supplier in that he delivers what he promises and keeps you informed as to progress and logistics. My belief has led me to place a more recent order with Tom which he has again consolidated with equipment for other sources.

Being based in Australia means I need to have a high level of trust in an overseas supplier as it is not easy to just go and collect what I need.

In my research for braking systems I considered many and it was via recommendations of other learned RL members that I came across MovIT

My experience has always been positive both with their service and the product and couldn’t recommend them more highly

PM me if you would like to discuss any aspects further
Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike, pm'ed you
Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts

PM'd you as well Mike. TIA.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 PM
MovIt Brakes USA
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike:

Thank you very much for your post.

Looks like we have a lot of topics to cover here so I will do my best to address them all.

I am going to start with TB993TT post at thread #14.

1. I can not comment on SICOM since I have never seen or used the product for myself to have an opinion of said product.
2. If I am reading this statement correctly you can purchase a completely new set of PCCB rotors and calipers for £10K GPB or $16,700US. That is a wonderful price but if you are buying the system for a 997 GT3/GT2 then you will face the same issues current 997 PCCB owners have, which is that the calipers and knuckles cause excessive pad bevelling and premature wear. In addition to the well established failure rate of the PCCB rotors themselves. Only the MovIt full CER kit for the 997 GT3/GT2 fully corrects this problem with much stronger Billet calipers, larger pads, and the thicker 40mm CER rotors.
3. I will address 3, 4, and 5 together. The MovIt CER rotors are available in many sizes. 350x34, 380x34, 392x34, 396x34, 410x36, 350x28, 362x28, 380x28, 400x28 in addition to the full line of 40mm thick rotors. Only MovIt offers rotors for all wheel sizes. Alcon and ST offer differently sized rotors then MovIt does. Yes all the rotors are made by ST however the end and ready to install product is what makes them different. The MovIt hats are specially designed to cool the outer rotor side and outer pad, helping the outer pad last longer so it can be swapped and used for more runs. In addition the MovIt CER patented full floating bobbin/fastener set up offer a stronger and quieter assembly than any other available. These 2 facts make the MovIt CER superior to the other options. See images below.

We are contacted daily by Porsche owners looking for braking solutions to the PCCB issues. I have personally found that the vast majority of these individuals that are inquiring have already done an extensive amount of homework on the different options. These clients tend to want us to get to the point when making an inquiry especially via and email or a PM. How much and when can I get them? Believe it or not there are many potential clients that will make a decision to purchase one way or another over $700 even on a large purchase like this. In this GB case it is a much larger discount then that. Bottom line on this subject is the Guido and I both want to be sponsors and supporters of the Rennlist by offering an awesome product with the best pricing and service available.

Another aspect of purchasing the CER rotors and other parts or kits from MovIt Brakes USA is the level of personal service you get before, during, and after the sale is made. I personally make myself available to MovIt clients almost 24/7. I have answered emails and phone calls from clients on the track or from their recliners from all over the world on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from sun up to sun down. I have also had the pleasure of meeting and gone out to dinner with many clients I now refer to as close acquaintances and friends. For the last 14 years I have thoroughly enjoyed being a friend to Guido and a partner to MovIt. The promotion of the MovIt product from the US arm of MovIt is pure excitement from being a part of such a product and partner to the company.

Yes, MovIt had some issues last year and they were resolved. We are moving forward and will be better and stronger then we were before. Another reason to get the message out via promotion of the product, to let people know we are still here and in business delivering the best brake products and service available. There was one incident where someone slipped through the cracks with the group that handles the insolvency in Germany and the second I was made aware of it here on RL we contacted the gentleman and offered him a full credit for the parts he ordered. He is waiting for his new 991 GT3 to arrive at which point we will supply him with the parts he would like to order for it.

I have tried my best to address the concerns posted. If I forgot to cover anything please ask away and I will answer it for you.

Last edited by MovIt Brakes USA; 02-18-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Akara1
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

For those of you that have these, how are they on the street?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:33 AM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi All

Missed the above request

w.r.t. Street use

They are fine, they really just need a little warmth in them, just a couple of easy stops and its all ok.

Dead cold and if you were approaching something that required a panic braking manoeuvre you may get a little anxious but other than that no worries at all.

I guess if you are lucky enough to leave your garage and trundle out to your local freeway without the need to brake at all and then do a significant uninterrupted freeway run and then want to stop quickly on the off ramp you may get a little surprise. Since in general most people would within the first couple of miles of any trip, make stops and starts then I wouldn’t imagine any issues.

So I guess I am saying if you warmed your engine sufficiently that you could simply just streak off into the distance at 10 10ths and then expect hard and secure breaking then no it wouldn’t happen, but that’s the case for steel rotors too.

A little warmth in them for standard braking or emergency braking from normal driving speeds is all that’s required.

Good warmth in them is required for the track.

They are a stellar system and like anything need to be prepped for the condition being applied.

You warm the engine, you warm the gearbox, you warm the tyres (note the spelling!) and you warm the driver, so why wouldn’t you warm the brakes! The only thing you don’t want warm is the clutch!

We recently did a run of several hundred kilometres on open road and then encountered heaving rain without the need to brake and logic just told me to test brake pedal a couple of times every now and then to ensure there was some bite. I would do that with steel too, that’s just me maybe I even do that in the family car.

That all said I am fortunate in that ambient temps here rarely get into single digits Celcius or the mid to low 40's for those in the USA. So I cant comment on subzero warming procedures.

Overall though I haven't changed my driving habits on the street in any way to compensate for this rotor system.

My $0.02 worth
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM
MovIt Brakes USA
Banned

We have updated the GB list and there are a few more interested in joining the GB. We are just waiting for some paperwork to be signed. The GB will go through so if there are any additional people wanting to get in on this please contact us.

Last edited by MovIt Brakes USA; 02-26-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
CS2CC6
Instructor

Top notch before and after sale service. I have MovIt CER rotors in my race car replacing the PCCBs that came with the car (458 Challenge) that Tom helped develop with Germany. I believe I ordered the first set for 458C. Tom works 24/7, which was very helpful given the 16hr time difference between US and Asia.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Please send me the GB info and prices, thanks. 997.1 GT3RS 2007, rotors only please.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

pls PM me GB info 997.1 RS '07, rotors only.

and, I have a spare set of VGC PCCB rotors available.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:30 AM
MovIt Brakes USA
Banned

We have reset the GB and will be offering a continuation to the GB for the month of March. There were several members that wanted to participate in the GB but needed additional time to place an order. All of the February GB participants orders have been placed and will be delivered in the next 4-5 weeks.

Please if you have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 AM
hesperus
Racer

i have the Movit CER's (rotors + calipers) for my car.

i can't comment on the Movits vs the Alcons vs the ST's, etc... i only have the Movits.

what i CAN say is that:

1) i absolutely love the setup-- fantastic braking feel even from very high speeds, supreme consistency. caveat: i don't do much track time at all with the car on which the Movits are mounted. but for fast street use, they are every bit on a par, feel and performance-wise, as the OE PCCB's on my 997.1 GT3.

2) Tom is a GREAT guy to work with.

i am from halfway 'round the world from the US. i originally contacted Germany for the Movits, and they sent me in the direction of their Asian distributor. Said distributor said there was no kit that would fit my car (2006 Ruf RT12), despite Ruf themselves saying that the Movits should fit fine.

Tom contacted me via RL and said he could supply me a set. So we did a deal, and i forked over the money via wire transfer. There were some production delays, but Tom was very proactive in updating me on the status of my order via both phone and email. What most impressed me was he would sometimes be the one to chase me down to update me, instead of me being the one who needed to do the follow-up.

When the kit did arrive, the Porsche distributor here that services my car had some issues with the install, stemming mainly from their techs only ever working with OE Porsche components, and they were nervous because the Movits were not OE.

Tom offered his time over the phone to the Porsche dealership, to walk them thru the install. We ended up not doing this, because of the language barrier between Tom and the local guys. But Tom walked me thru what needed to be done and it all turned out to be perfectly straightforward.

No regrets at all with the Movits, and I would have no reservations in doing business again with Tom.

Just my own personal experience. YMMV, as they say...

Old 03-22-2014, 01:52 PM
MovIt Brakes USA
Banned

Thank you JV for the post and I am glad you are enjoying the brake system on the GT3 and are another happy and satisfied client! :-)

This has been a VERY busy month to say the least. I apologize for not updating the GB but just as soon as I do I will have to reset it. Suffice it to say the amount of sales we have been doing will allow the GB to be carried out throughout the summer.

This month saw many old and new client coming back and purchasing new kits and parts. We also are doing the engineering for the McLaren MP4-12C that a Rennlist members asked us to do. He will be getting his CER rotor upgrade in the next 8 weeks. I look forward to posting pictures of the conversion from Iron 370/350 to MovIt 380/362 CER rotors.

We are also upgrading a Diablo for the first time from the steel system to a MovIt CER system. Again a first for us personally.

We are also working on getting a kit together for the BAC Mono for an old friend. ;-)

If you are in need of anything please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM
azmurciev12
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

please keep me posted on the MP4 braking system upgrade. thanks.

Quick Reply: MovIt Brakes Limited Time Group Buy offer on Replacement PCCB Rotors