Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The night before you get your first GT3...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
I enjoy raw and purist but it seems a little more than would usually be. I'm comparing it to my exige versus Carrera. I'm going to stop at a Porsche dealer on today's journey and see if I can get some stuff to help
Not sure where you are stopping, but the Nashville Porsche dealer is located off of I-65 which is on your way.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
I enjoy raw and purist but it seems a little more than would usually be. I'm comparing it to my exige versus Carrera. I'm going to stop at a Porsche dealer on today's journey and see if I can get some stuff to help
After a few months ownership, I'll be interested to hear your opinions on the GT3 vs TT.

I've headed in the opposite direction..... from GT3 -> TT

I really enjoyed a 4 yr stint with my GT3, and it's a great car in many respects.... but after a while I found it very consuming and tiring to drive on a semi-regular basis because of it's edgy rawness... Of course most of that was self-induced with the added bits and pieces.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
Not sure where you are stopping, but the Nashville Porsche dealer is located off of I-65 which is on your way.
car is good for now... my local to me in ohio dealer called me today and said "it's under CPO, when you get back... we'll take it apart with fine tooth comb and cover anything we can under the CPO"..

which makes me a very happy person. he said he will have the techs take apart dash and doors and eliminate anything they can..

i love the raw feeling, but i'm ocd when it comes to rattles.

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
After a few months ownership, I'll be interested to hear your opinions on the GT3 vs TT.

I've headed in the opposite direction..... from GT3 -> TT

I really enjoyed a 4 yr stint with my GT3, and it's a great car in many respects.... but after a while I found it very consuming and tiring to drive on a semi-regular basis because of it's edgy rawness... Of course most of that was self-induced with the added bits and pieces.

totally different feeling vehicles....today after driving it all day, i'd say if the TT had a normal clutch versus assisted it would be a VERY close battle... but gt3 is winning for now.

my favorite car owned right now (had a long thought about it today) is Exige/Ariel Atom... the atom is better but less usable...

I will get another exige or atom before spring.. debating which.. never drove a better DD in my life than the Atom (well.... DD minus versatility)... it's beyond smooth in traffic, fast as **** on highway, and amazing gas mileage all around.)
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

here are the holes drilled in the rear metal driver side next to where ecu is..

just wondering what previous owner might have had there... hmm
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Riley
Mine came from kings auto mall. It is GT silver 2011 with among other things PCCBs my dealer had it transported to San Antonio. The sport bucket seats cannot be lowered without buying custom rails. Mine is rattle free. The cpo process should have changed out all the filters and oil if required.
Sharkwerks by pass is nothing short of fantastic great sound, maybe a little more power and reduced weight....win win win

Have a safe trip home
Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Riley
Mine came from kings auto mall. It is GT silver 2011 with among other things PCCBs my dealer had it transported to San Antonio. The sport bucket seats cannot be lowered without buying custom rails. Mine is rattle free. The cpo process should have changed out all the filters and oil if required.
Sharkwerks by pass is nothing short of fantastic great sound, maybe a little more power and reduced weight....win win win

Have a safe trip home
small world thats my dealer, i know the car then... we probably buy 30 cars a year from them. bill winstel. mack fay.. and couple other guys help.

they wanted me to buy that 2011.. but at the time i didnt want silver.(lol)
Old 02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

I drove my GT3 from Oklahoma City to boston back in October. She behaved flawlessly on the way home and seriously surprised me with how civilized it was given its design brief. Yes the engine does vibrate the chassis at idle, there was a couple of rattles and she wasn't crazy about some sections of broken Tarmac we encountered but I think that's all part of a GT3,s charm. Congrats to you and have a safe trip home!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

some pics from the trip so far... houston to austin..
nice traffic

Old 02-15-2014, 02:10 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

btw, hands down best thai restaurant ive been to is sway in austin, they do not take reservations but if anyone needs one let me know... but you must promise to have the tom kha gai, the whole red snapper and the affogato dessert.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:25 PM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like fun!

Enjoy the trip. Wheels should get to you by Tuesday!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rnh204
Looks like fun!

Enjoy the trip. Wheels should get to you by Tuesday!!
thanks!!!.. i hope the snows work on em... 295's on 12's :/ we shall see.

some more road trip pics... amazing mountain roads up here, i feel like i'm in Cali.

Quick Reply: The night before you get your first GT3...