Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Camber Eccentric Bolt Wear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 09:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Camber Eccentric Bolt Wear?

My local shop says they can't get less that -2.3 degrees camber on one side of my REAR. They said the rear camber eccentric bolts and washer is worn out. So they gave me the car back with -2 on drivers side and -2.3 camber on passengers side. I'M NOT HAPPY!

Anyone ever hear of camber eccentric bolts wearing out on a fairly new car? My car is a 2012... 2.5 years old with 17,000 miles on it. However it has had too many alignments due to parts changes with 2 sets of rear toe arms, new coil overs, shop left alignment bolts lose twice and had to re-align! I hit a pot hole at track out grass area and knocked it out of alignment. Probably around 6 alignments this year and 3 last year.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
My local shop says they can't get less that -2.3 degrees camber on one side of my REAR. They said the rear camber eccentric bolts and washer is worn out. So they gave me the car back with -2 on drivers side and -2.3 camber on passengers side. I'M NOT HAPPY!

Anyone ever hear of camber eccentric bolts wearing out on a fairly new car? My car is a 2012... 2.5 years old with 17,000 miles on it. However it has had too many alignments due to parts changes with 2 sets of rear toe arms, new coil overs, shop left alignment bolts lose twice and had to re-align! I hit a pot hole at track out grass area and knocked it out of alignment. Probably around 6 alignments this year and 3 last year.
It happens, along with the whole subframe. Get split arms and adjust camber via shims. None of my camber eccentrics ever move (front or rear).
Old 02-07-2014, 10:44 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I've done on my GTS the split front lower control arms, mono ***** and now need to do the rear control arms and take some rubber out of the rear. However I only think I will have my GTS for 1 more year so might not spend anymore money on any mods for it.

I'm going to replace the rear camber eccentric bolts...they are cheap...just for peace of mind and get it realigned and leave it alone this year.

Quick Reply: Camber Eccentric Bolt Wear?