Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

radical is track only.
make no mistake about that.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:54 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw one at a London car show right after they came out last year. The sales rep at the show said they were targeting this car directly at the type of buyer who would purchase a GT3 – someone who wants a car you can drive to and from the track, one that delivers outstanding and reliable performance while on track, and a car with manageable running costs. It uses a Ford engine (which sounds great, BTW), and the goal is to give much longer rebuild intervals than are typical for the highly stressed Hyabussa engines used in other Radicals. So unless Radical has replaced some of the OEM Ford internals with proprietary components of their own, an entirely new replacement engine should cost a small fraction of a Mezger rebuild, and if kept to reasonable RPM’s it should run a long time between replacements.

As much as I love this car, I expect it would be overkill for a DE, unless your local track is loaded with extremely fast cars in the upper DE group, which isn’t the case at my home track. It also doesn’t fit into the race classes that are common at my local track (GTS1, 2, 3, etc.). If you have access to sparsely attended member days at your local track, it might be a good tool to put in tons of track time at a fast pace (unobstructed by slower traffic) and with running costs that are low compared to anything with the same speed. There is a YouTube video of someone driving an RXC at Sebring, turning 2:15’s if I recall correctly. I expect it’ll get even faster as they develop it a bit more.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Pain in the *** to load on a trailer.

You would need to wear tights, cape and mask to drive it around the city on public roads….

Quick Reply: GT3RS not " RADICAL " enough?